사십오: Stress

"I want you to get out of my house."

"Namjoon, would you just listen?"

"Get out."

"You said yourself you can't afford to take care of them! Why aren't I allowed to give two of them a better life? There's horses on the farm, and cows and sheep, and we even have a little dog! The boys would love it, and you can come and visit, it's not like you'd never see them again! I just want what's right, Namjoon."

Namjoon was practically frothing at the mouth. "If you want kids so damn bad, go and have some more. The sextuplets are mine."

Jisu gave Namjoon a reproachful look, and seemed to wither a little. "I can't, Namjoon. I can't have any more kids. The sextuplets caused so much damage to my womb it was removed after the caesarean. They're all that I have."

Namjoon didn't know how to respond. "I'm sorry ... I didn't know that. I know how much you wanted kids, but you chose to turn your back on them. I can't just willingly give two of them to you. They're not puppies. They have feelings, and they'll only come to resent you if you split them up."

"Can't you see I'm trying to make this right? Like I said, we can do visits first, let them get to know me, and then they'll be happy to come. Country living would be good for them. Would toughen them up a little bit."

"You're saying all this, but you didn't even watch the documentary. You fully let your mother lie to you about their wellbeing, and then you show up unannounced, upset Jimin, shouted at Taehyung, and are now trying to guilt trip me into agreeing with this ridiculous ideas. I want you to leave, now, Jisu. Please."

The finality in Namjoon's voice finally got through to Jisu, and she straightened her shoulders. "My lawyers will be in touch," she said firmly, then marched back to the vestibule. Namjoon followed her, just to confirm she wouldn't try to snatch a child and run. She looked at them all sadly, even Taehyung, who glared viciously at her, and left without another word.

"I didn't like her," Taehyung said rudely after Namjoon had locked the front door. Jungkook watched her leave through the window, idly running a toy car across the windowsill. He'd heard the shouting, and felt spooked.

"Me neither," Yoongi agreed. "She won't really split us up, will she, daddy?"

"What?!" Hoseok cried, who had not been eavesdropping into the conversation the way Yoongi and Taehyung had been. "Daddy?"

"No. She won't," Namjoon attempted to say firmly, but he didn't feel it inside. If it was his and his sons' choice, then the answer would be definite, but Namjoon knew Jisu had every right to get lawyers and social services involved, and they would see no reason as to why Jisu couldn't at least have unsupervised time with the children. It made no difference that she had ran away, and made no contact in 7 years. If she showed willing to try, they would take her side.

Jungkook ran forward, and hugged Namjoon's legs tight. When he released, Namjoon picked him up, and gave him a proper cuddle. He looked around the room with a sigh, feeling out of place. There were so many thoughts racing around his brain, and he felt so pent up with adrenaline, he wanted to scream. He wondered if this is how Jungkook felt on a regular basis. Suddenly, Jungkook's world made a little more sense to him.

"Are you sure?" Yoongi whispered, staring up at his dad with shiny eyes. "I don't want to go anywhere."

Namjoon sank down onto the sofa next to Jimin, putting his arm around him, and let his sextuplets surround him in a hug. A few years ago, there was space on his lap for everyone, but it was getting a bit of a squash now. Jimin complained as Seokjin smothered him, and Yoongi grumbled as Taehyung pushed him out the way. Eventually, they all got settled, and Namjoon relished all of his sons being together. He had no idea how long this would last.