삼십: Day in the Life of - Yoongi

Yoongi hated waking up in the morning.

When he felt daddy's warm hand shaking his shoulder, he grumbled in annoyance, and fought off the urge to shake off daddy's hand. He didn't want to get up and go to school. It was too early, and he always felt exhausted, no matter how long he slept for.

Yoongi kept his eyes shut as daddy went over to Hoseok's bed, and shook his shoulder with a gentle "Good morning, Hoseokie." Yoongi had gotten one, too, but he had still been asleep. Not that he cared, anyway. He could hear Seokjin fumbling around, so he ducked his head under his warm duvet, and scrunched his eyes shut. He wished he had a room of his own.

Seokjin and daddy started to talk just as Yoongi was drifting off again. He refused to lift his head. He was going to sleep for as long as he possibly could. Seokjin's words barely made sense, anyway. Then, Yoongi felt guilty at that thought. Seokjin couldn't help the way he spoke. Daddy said it was because Seokjin's ears didn't work properly, and he couldn't hear the mistakes he was making.

Daddy padded out of the room, and with the small bit of extra silence, Yoongi knew Seokjin had gone with him, as he always did. Seokjin was a daddy's boy. Yoongi wasn't much of a hugger. He only liked curling up with daddy when no one else was watching him, which was a rare occurrence. Daddy didn't sit still for long anyway, either. However, he snuggled into his duvet again, hoping to drift off.

Wrong. A weight landed on his bed, making him jolt. Hands ripped at the blanket around his face, and soon he was peering directly into Hoseok's smiley eyes.

"It's not time for sleep anymore, Yoongi," he said authoritatively, sitting on Yoongi's legs so he couldn't sit up properly if he tried. "It's time to go to school, and learn lots of things, and maybe Ms. Yeon will let us go out and play with the bikes again!"

"The bikes are for the nursery class," Yoongi responded sleepily. Now the adrenaline of Hoseok jumping on him was fading, he was falling back asleep. Hoseok always jumped on him to wake him up, but it took him by surprise every morning. He was always too tired to remember that he was going to do it.

Hoseok shrugged. "Well, maybe we'll be allowed, just this once. Ms. Yeon is always so serious, but sometimes she lets us play."

"She lets us play every afternoon."

Hoseok buffered a little. "Well, play more. I don't like sitting down and doing boring work. I want to play football."

Yoongi forcefully shoved Hoseok off so he could sit up. His fringe tickled his eyes, and he brushed them off with frustration. He needed a haircut, but daddy always said he was too busy. Hoseok's hair needed cutting, too. "You have to do lessons if you want to be smart."

"Well maybe I don't want to be smart. I'm gonna be a famous footballer, and I don't need mafs for that."

Yoongi stood up and stretched dramatically. His eyes felt sore, like he had been holding them open the whole night. He gave them a long rub. Hoseok slid off the bed, too, still determined to have a whole conversation with his brother at seven in the morning.

"What do you wanna be when you're older, Yoongi?"

"A rock."

"A rock? You can't be a rock, Yoongi! You're a person!" Hoseok even followed Yoongi into the bathroom. Yoongi didn't care. It was hard to have privacy when you had five brothers, especially when one of them didn't have any control of their bowels.

Yoongi sat on the toilet as daddy barged in, Jimin in his arms. "Hoseok, shoo. Your brother is on the toilet."

"So why do you get to be in here, that's not fair!"