삼십삼: Day in the Life of: Taehyung

!! content warning: child abuse !!

---------------------

Taehyung didn't enjoy mornings anymore. He used to feel pretty excited about new days, but now he dreaded it. He wasn't depressed, not that he could tell anyway, it was just that home had no love for him anymore.

He always thought about how much attention and love he got when he had his long leg operated on. His brothers steered clear of him, but daddy gave him lots of love and cuddles. He got a special bedtime kiss, and everyone on the streets cooed at him. He had loved that.

Nowadays, he seemed to be the only normal one out of his brothers. Jimin had that boring vacant stare that made him no fun, and he got more attention from daddy than any of his brothers. He had used to love Jimin, but now he found him irritating and dull. Yoongi always complained he was tired, and cried and told tales if he didn't get what he wanted, Hoseok always had a headache, Jungkook shrieked and bit him, and Seokjin didn't understand a word that came into his mouth. Plus, he was anxious and shy, and seemed concerned about making too much noise. All of that was boring.

Plus, daddy always seemed to be annoyed at him, no matter how he behaved. He tried being the best brother, the loving brother, the helpful brother, but daddy barely thanked him for helping. So he gave up. Acting up brought him more attention than helping, but that made him miserable. It wasn't in Taehyung's nature to be mean. He just wanted to feel appreciated.

They were all too young to understand what had happened to Jimin. Daddy gave lame explanations that wound up Taehyung's bright mind. That made him even more upset. They didn't go swimming anymore, they rarely went to the park, or even just for walks. Taehyung had tried playing in the garden with Hoseok, but the space was too small. He had too much energy to be holed up.

He liked school, because he always knew the answers, even when he wasn't listening, and he had the whole playground to run around and let off some steam. Plus, he had his friend group, who liked him a lot more than his brothers did. He didn't care if that meant being mean to other kids, he was happy that he was valued at least somewhere.

When he felt daddy's hand shaking him awake, he pushed him off, and sat up. Daddy hadn't stuck around to give him a morning kiss or a cuddle, he had just gone straight to Jungkook, and given him a shake, too. Jungkook sat bolt upright, like he did every morning, looking around the room. Taehyung sighed, and slipped out of his bed. He wasn't going to stick around to see if Jungkook was going to start screaming or not.

He met up with Hoseok in the bathroom, attempting to smooth his fringe down. Taehyung ignored him, and used his stepping stool to get to the toilet. There was no privacy when you had five brothers. He didn't care, since he knew no better.

He examined the scar over his knee as he peed. It was still pretty raised, though it had lost it's red colour, and was now a silvery white. All of his brothers had some form of scar. Seokjin had some behind his ears, Yoongi on his tummy, Jimin on his chest, Hoseok on his arm, and Jungkook on his knee, from a random time he had tripped over at the park.

Taehyung found them interesting. He had the biggest scar, and he liked to show it off at school. If he tried to show it off at home, daddy just shushed him, and told him to calm down. He didn't like that, either.

He shoved Hoseok out of the way to wash his hands, then stalked off to the kitchen. He couldn't wait to get to school, and show off and have fun.

Daddy smiled at him tiredly. "Morning, Taehyungie."

Taehyung grunted.

Daddy didn't try any more to get him to speak. He never bothered anymore. He just seemed to give in. Taehyung wondered where his fight and spirit went. He used to be so much fun. Not since Jimin got ill.