이십칠: The Toyshop

Namjoon had decided to treat the sextuplets when his wage came in. In terms of money, it wasn't going to be a smart move, but with Jimin's health taking a bad turn, they were starting to act up and rebel a little more, and were getting more whiny and angry. If he didn't act quick and get them back on track, their mental health would get lower. They needed to get out of the house. They needed proof that their daddy hadn't forgotten about them.

Namjoon's morning routine had already drastically changed because of Jimin. Although it was the weekend, Jimin needed his medications at certain times. He snuck into the maknae line's room, and scooped Jimin out of his bed. Jimin gave a tiny mew as he awoke, before flopping against his dad. It was like having an oversized baby. Jimin didn't have much use of his body anymore.

He placed Jimin onto the old changing table. He was the only one to still use it, since he hadn't understood potty training before all of this happened. Namjoon got him clean and dry, and then wrapped a clean nappy on him. Jimin just stared up at him, his eyelids droopy but his pupils blown widely out from sedation.

Jimin had a new chair now, one that could keep him strapped in and keep his head upright. He didn't really move once placed in the chair. He didn't need his helmet now, but he still wore his glasses, though Namjoon wasn't all too sure if he could see. He didn't quite react to the world around him anymore.

The part that made Namjoon sad was giving Jimin his meds. He parked his chair by the kitchen table as he pulled out the numerous bottles and a syringe. Once he had moved everything over to the kitchen table, he unstrapped Jimin, and placed him onto his lap and against his chest. Jimin didn't snuggle. His brain was too foggy to really understand his surroundings.

Namjoon dipped the syringe into a glass of water, and filled it. Having air in it didn't really matter, but he gently pushed the plunger until a drop of water came out. Namjoon unscrewed the cap on Jimin's NG tube, and flushed the tube out with the water. Jimin smacked his lips like he was attempting to eat. He could feel the liquid at the back of his throat, and his muscle memory kicked in. That was the part that made Namjoon sad.

He squirted all of the medicines into the NG tube, then flushed it with more water. He sometimes thought about not giving him the sedative, but the alternative was him having unstoppable seizures. Namjoon couldn't win. He just had to remember that it wasn't forever. He missed having his baby.

He nestled Jimin back into his wheelchair whilst he got the others up. It didn't matter leaving Jimin in the kitchen. He didn't cry because he never realised Namjoon was gone.

It was much easier with the rest of the sextuplets. They always got up fast, and in just 10 minutes, they were rushing around energetically, refusing to go to the toilet until Namjoon had gripped hold of them.

After serving them all breakfast, he got Jimin back into his lap, flushed the tube yet again, and then connected his NG tube to his feed. It was always a nasty yellow colour, and sometimes blocked up the tube if Namjoon hadn't shook it properly. Jimin lay against Namjoon and smacked his lips whilst Namjoon sipped his coffee, and smiled as the sextuplets chattered noisily. He was waiting until after breakfast to tell them the surprise, otherwise they would get too excited and wouldn't eat.

"Daddy, I dreamded dat I was on a hairplaine, and then it crashed, and, and, everyone died but not me because I had wings and I flowed away," Yoongi proudly told his dad amidst the chatter.

Namjoon smiled, though his eyebrows were raised. "Really? That's very sad, Yoongi."

"No, it not, see, 'cause I didn't die, and I flowed away."

"Was I in your dream?"

"Uh uh."

Taehyung joined the conversation. "I had a deem dat I was trapped in a clock, daddy, and den Jungkook eated me."