십삼: What's Wrong With Jungkook?

!! Trigger Warning: Mentions of Suicide, negative language against Autism !!

-------------

Taehyung was clearly in a bad mood when Namjoon scooped him out of his cot. His leg was hurting pretty badly, and it was heavy and itchy in it's cast. It was his first night back at home after his surgery, but he was unhappy still.

He wasn't allowed to walk anymore. He had to go around in a wheelchair, because his leg was casted straight, and he couldn't walk on it. Considering how much energy the toddler had, it was the worst thing in the world for him. The thought of having to sit around for 4 weeks kept making him cry.

Namjoon felt awful. He knew just how hard Taehyung was taking it, and he was in a constant sulk. He was being mean to his brothers, and didn't want kisses from him. No matter how many cuddles he gave, Taehyung stayed frosty. Namjoon wished that Taehyung could understand why he needed the surgery. He would understand when he was older, but for now, Namjoon just had to cuddle him better.

He had lots of other matters on his mind, too. He always worried about Jimin, but when he got them up that morning, he could tell that something was wrong. Jimin seemed lethargic and quiet, his breaths snuffly. Namjoon cradled him, and Jimin cuddled up, but he wasn't too sure what to do. He had work, and a new health visitor was coming later. He vowed to keep Jimin with him.

His main concern that day was Jungkook, though. Jungkook had been acting his usual way in the hospital. He lashed out at another kid, though, and kept rocking himself instead of playing. He didn't want to play with Taehyung when he was taken to the ward, and he screeched when Namjoon tried to take his hoodie for a watch.

He was alarmed, to say the least. It was all the behaviour that Jungkook had shown before, but now that Namjoon seemed more aware that a problem could be causing it, the more aware he was of it. Now that Taehyung was home from the hospital, he vowed to keep his eye on Jungkook, and write down the things he was doing.

He got the kids dressed, for five of them to use the toilet, and placed Taehyung into his wheelchair. The footstand stuck out, and supported Taehyung's straightened leg. He glared at it angrily, crossing his arms as Namjoon pushed him with one arm, Jimin cradled into the other. He was lifted out into his normal highchair, and for a few minutes, he seemed to cheer up a little.

However, as he placed out their Dora bowls in front of them, and poured cereal and milk into each one, he watched Jungkook.

He'd been displaying this behaviour for a while. It was similar to his rocking, but not quite the same. He would sit on his highchair, or Namjoon's lap, and his eyes would start to go all dreamy and dazed. He would clearly be in his own world, and then he would start fidgeting. It was like he needed the toilet, in that he shuffled in his seat, his legs squeezed together. Sometimes he would give a shiver of pleasure, and he would smile. If he caught any of his brothers or Namjoon watching him, he would snap at them.

Namjoon watched him out of the corner of his eye so Jungkook wouldn't notice. Jungkook went off into his own spacey world, and then he started the fidgeting. He rocked slightly as he did it, his toes curled. His hands gripped the seat of the high chair, and he gave a little shiver.

Namjoon placed the spoons down, and Jungkook stopped just as quickly as he started, and the sextuplets splashed the cereal around. Namjoon sat next to Jimin, helping feed him, whilst he balanced a notebook in his lap.

7:13: Jungkook fidgets in his seat whilst looking dazed. He glared at Hoseok when he caught him watching but didn't lash out. He kept going until I gave him breakfast.

He sighed, and looked around at the table. In just a few short minutes, all six of the babies were drenched in milk. They were good at getting the actual cereal in their mouths, but they always spilled the milk. Jimin chewed with his mouth open so the milk always dribbled out. He couldn't get Jimin to finish his breakfast.