삼십구: Hoseok's Ribbon

Namjoon was on high alert.

At no point would he leave Hoseok on his own. He followed him to the bathroom, and even had him sleep in his room so he could keep his eye on him. His breaths quickened if Hoseok even twitched in his sleep.

Hoseok wasn't himself for a good week after his seizure. He was very quiet, and wouldn't even play football in the garden, despite the sunny days outside. He clung onto Namjoon as much as possible, even joining in with him and Jungkook watching Casualty, despite the fact he hated that show, especially now he had had another frightening trip to the hospital.

He was scared of his own body. He hated how fizzy and sore he felt afterwards. His head continued to hurt most days. He didn't like being so confused, or how he was unable to stop himself from crying. At least daddy was taking him seriously, now, and giving him Calpol when he complained of headaches.

They'd had a GP appointment, where the doctor discussed what the A&E doctor had already touched on. No cause for concern at that present moment, et. cetera, and it could have just been a one off, maybe he was dehydrated. She reminded Namjoon to look out for signs of seizures, and if he were to have another, then further testing would be required. All they cared about was that Hoseok didn't have a bleed on the brain, or cancer, or anything major showing up on his CT scan.

The house had taken a little step back, especially Taehyung. The next day, Taehyung trashed the bathroom. He set both the bath and the sink to overflow, squeezed all the toothpaste out of the tube, threw all of their toothbrushes in the toilet, threw the rubbish out of the bin, and soaked all the fresh towels. He howled when Namjoon had shouted at him, but 5 minutes later, he lashed out at Yoongi, biting his arm so hard he drew blood. Yoongi's bowels were playing up, Seokjin sat silently, and Jungkook had a meltdown when his hoodie sleeve got a little wet when he was washing his hands. Jimin was unnerved by the chaos and cried to be carried around.

However, after two weeks, things were calming down again, once the sextuplets realised Hoseok wasn't being as poorly as Jimin was, and Namjoon had taken them on enough days out to lull them over. He was still on edge himself, but having the sextuplets behave eased him up a little.

*

The summer holidays were flying fast. Namjoon wished he had enough money to take the sextuplets on a real holiday, but that was a long way off. Instead, he tied them over with lots of walks to the park, going bowling, the soft play centre, the cinema, swimming, lots of stuff he couldn't really afford to do.

When he woke up with Hoseok in his arms that morning, he decided he needed a break from spending money. He would have to make up something to do at home.

Hoseok started to stir as Namjoon propped himself up a little. "Mmh?"

"Morning, my Hoseokie." Namjoon's voice was deep and scratchy, his eyes barely open.

"Daddy," Hoseok mumbled, turning over and burrowing against his daddy's side. "Mmh."

Namjoon started twiddling a lock of Hoseok's soft hair. Hoseok melted into him, his breaths hot on Namjoon's shoulder. It was his favourite thing in the whole world. "Sleepy boy."

"Mmhmm."

Hoseok's head moved a little as his fists came up to rub his eyes. He looked so adorable Namjoon wanted to squeeze him tight, but Hoseok was waking up faster as the seconds passed and soon, he was sitting up, his eyes adjusting to the light coming through the curtains. His squirrel lay abandoned on the pillow next to him; the end of the tail was wet where Hoseok had been sucking it in his sleep. He had almost grown out of his squirrel toy, but now he seemed to depend on it the way Jimin clung onto his chick.