Chapter 19 Company News

It was around lunchtime, Mega and Jacob were making soup together, and Bad was sitting on the couch, when Zak rushed downstairs yelling.

"We will have company tomorrow! Clay, George, and Sapnap are arriving tomorrow!" Zak yelped.

"Calm down, Zak!" Bad exclaimed.

"It's going to be so fun!" Zak was almost jumping in excitement.

"Are they all going to stay here?" asked Jacob looking at Mega.

Mega gave him a confused look.

"No, they will be staying at a nearby hotel," Zak said, calming down a bit, wild excitement still in his eyes.

"Ah, okay," Bad said in relief, having noticed Mega's panicked reaction.

"Yeah, and we could do so much fun stuff together!"

mega pov

So they were going to come tomorrow.

I hated being around lots of people.

It was just so overwhelming, and I often had panic attacks because of that.

But I saw that Jacob wanted to hang out with them, and I would try my best to keep calm, for Jacob.

He did so much for me, I could maybe return the favour.

But, boy, was it a relief that they were not staying over!

Imagine that crowd in his house!

Bad pov

I noticed how Mega was acting.

Like something was wrong.

'That poor little muffin...'

But Jacob was really nice to him, taking care of him.

I even suspected something between them.

I mean I almost caught them holding hands once...

But I guess when the right time will come, they will tell us what's going on.

Clay, George, and Sapnap were going to come the next day, midday, and stay at a hotel for three nights, till Saturday morning. 

Zak already made a plan to go see fireworks all together one warm evening, which was promised by the forecast to happen on Thursday.

Mega decided to cancel his shift that day, so go with them, as Jacob really wanted him to join them.

Although Mega didn't like explosions and loud noises, he agreed to go because he was promised that fireworks were worth seeing.

They all also decided to go for lunch when the group arrived.

They were to arrive in the morning, and all go to Burger King for lunch.

Everyone spent most of their day recording, streaming, editing, or just doing whatever.

Zelk was on his laptop, on Mega's bed, with Mega leaning against him, on his phone. 

They really loved being around each other and enjoyed each other's company.

All the troubles were forgotten, and they often talked on deep topics.

Especially at night when Jacob couldn't sleep, Mega kept him company, quietly arguing about politics or something similar.

They both found that it was impossible to be mad at each other, and they could never hold a grudge.

That was the perfect kind of relationship.

Evening was drawing close, and Mega tugged and Jacob's sleeve.

Jacob looked down, concerned.

Mega motioned towards his watch, showing Jacob the time.

"You promised to go for a walk with me, remember?" Mega said quietly.

"Oh, right. Hold on, lemme get ready."

Soon they walked outside, and to the lake to watch the sunset.

Right in time.

The sun was about to set, the silhouettes of the trees and buildings against the beautiful, colourful sky.

They sat down on a bench, Jacob putting his arm around Mega's skinny shoulders, Mega leaning in closer.

They watched as the sun slowly set, sinking farther, and farther down, towards the over continents.

It was trippy to think that they were the ones moving, not the sun.

Soon it disappeared completely, leaving light streaks in the sky, which too, soon faded away.

They sat there for a while, before getting up and heading towards the shops.

A walk between the shops with pretty lights was worth seeing.

No wind, and a slight smell of something tasty, being deep-fried for the tourists.

They slowly walked through, looking at the many different stores and shops, the warm air, blowing softly in their faces.

The faint sound of cars, rushing somewhere, was a monotonic sound, blending in with people on the streets talking. 

They soon back home, as they needed sleep to meet their guests the next day.

They came back to Bad and Zak watching a movie on the couch, but Mega and Jacob were too tired, so they wished everyone good night and departed to their bedroom.

Jacob couldn't sleep again, so he and Mega talked, while Mega was speedrunning.

Soon Jacob fell asleep on Mega's shoulder, and Mega was careful to not wake him up, layed him on the bed.

Soon enough Mega finished and lay down beside Jacob, covering them both with some blankets.

He looked at Jacob, and brushed a strand of tawny hair off Jacob's forehead, kissing him then.

Mega put his head on Jacob's shoulder and stared into the darkness.

The lights of the pc winked at him.

Soon his vision became blurry, and he drifted off to peaceful, deep sleep.

zak pov

I looked around, to find Bad fast asleep, snoring softly.

I gazed at him for a bit, before turning off the movie.

He had to be so tired to fall asleep during a movie.

Oh well, he had a long day.

I sighed and stood up.

Waking him up didn't seem right as he always had trouble falling back asleep.

So after some hesitation, I bent down, scooped him up, and carried him up the stairs to our room.

I lay him gently on the bed, making sure he was still sleeping.

I got ready for bed and turned off the lights, laying down beside my friend.

But was he really just a friend?

He didn't mind when I held his hand today during the movie...

Maybe we could be more than friends...

With those thoughts still spiralling in my head, I fell into the deep void of sleep.

<Word count 982>

There is going to be a bit of Skephalo. Enjoy!