Chapter 26 Leaving and Staying

Darryl woke up to the smell of- was that pancakes? He woke Zak up, quickly for dresses, and walked out of their room into the kitchen.

"Morning."

Mega turned around and waved.

The windows were slightly open, early birds singing loudly, and the bright morning light of the sun pairing in from the windows, leaving squares on the floor.

Jacob was half asleep, watching Mega make pancakes.

Darryl ran his hand through his messy hair and looked at the time.

It was half-past 8.

Those early muffins.

Zak came downstairs, completely destroying the morning silence, that was there before his arrival.

"Good morning!!" Zak said loudly, filled with energy.

Jacob jolted awake with the sudden sound. "Huh- wha- oh, g'morning."

"What's for breakfast?"

"Uhm, pancakes- " Jacob began "Him." he pointed at Mega. "He's making pancakes."

Mega chuckled quietly, turning over another pancake.

"Oooh, these look really nice, Mega." Darryl complimented the short boy.

Mega handed him a plate with a pancake on it.

"Aw, thanks, you little muffin!"

Before long, everyone was fully awake and eating breakfast.

Mega turned off the stove and came over to join the others.

Jacob was still struggling to stay awake, but way less now, after some coffee Mega made them all.

Zak shoved the last pancake into his mouth, and stood up.

"Well, we should get packin'." He motioned towards Bad, for him to get up and come as well.

"Yes, yes, I'm coming you muffin!" Bad finished his coffee, thanked Mega for the amazing breakfast, and followed Zak to their room.

"They're leaving at 11." Jacob explained to Mega, who looked confused.

Mega nodded his head in understatement.

"I can do the dishes," Jacob offered, seeing that Mega cooked it, and Zak and Bad were guests.

Mega signed "Thanks", and left.

Without a smile.

Was everything ok?

He seemed kinda worried for the last few days...

'Was he afraid that I was going to leave as well?' I thought as I washed the dishes.

Soon it was time for them to leave, to we drove them to the airport.

We watched them as they took their bags, arguing, and saying the last goodbyes...

It was sad, and we were for sure going to miss them.

zelk pov

"Till we meet again!" Zak yelled and waved at us.

We watched as Bad said something to Zak, who giggled and turned to look at us.

Bad waved, mouthing 'bye muffins'.

Me and Mega just stood there, watching them give us the last wave, and disappear into the view.