Chapter 41 I Love You

the long-awaited chapter is finally out enjoyyyyyyy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I don't know how I ended up not crashing my car, arriving at the spot.

The parking place was not too close, so I jumped out of the car, slamming the door, not even bothering to lock it, and ran.

Ran as fast as I could.

Who knew how much time was left? Maybe he was already... dead?

Tears ran down my cheeks, as I spotted a lonely figure standing all alone, gazing down at the rippling water.

The figure remained still and silent and I quickly walked up to it.

It was him.

He was still alive.

Thank God.

But he could still do it.

I needed to stop him.

I grabbed him by the shoulder.

He flinched and looked around, looking slightly surprised.

He looked at me.

His eyes were blank.

He smiled.

No, it didn't look real.

"Don't put on a mask. Show me your real face. Don't fake your smile. I know."

Mega's smile died, replaced with an expressionless face.

Where did the light in his eyes go?

They looked blank, dead, so full of pain, they turned darker than usual.

"Mega..." Jacob whispered.

He didn't know.

He really didn't!

"Mega- "

I hugged him.

Nothing really changed, except for some lights that appeared in his eyes, but they were faded.

"I didn't know. I'm sorry."

Mega didn't answer, he just shook his head.

'It's alright.'

"No! It really isn't Mega!" Jacob exclaimed, looking shocked. "Mega- Mega you- you don't look alive. Mega, you need help."

'Well, I got you,' Mega smiled feebly at his friend's attempt to make him feel better.

"That's not good enough! You need more than that!" Jacob was so close to breaking.

'You really think so?' Mega said tilting his head, looking Jacob in the eyes. 'My whole life I only had myself to rely on, and now you're telling me I need more than I already have? You and me? That's more than enough!'

"Well, apparently not. Look at yourself. Look at your state. Look where you ended up."

Mega just shrugged in response.

"Mega I need you to promise- "

"No. I cannot promise anything."

"Even for me?" Jacob's looked at Mega, his eyes blazing.

Mega looked away, down.

"I don't know." He mumbled.

"That's not what I've been hoping to hear!"

"WELL, WHAT DO YOU WANT?!" Mega said as loudly as he could muster. "I HAD TO DEAL WITH THINGS MY WHOLE LIFE! I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE JACOB! IT IS ITCHED INSIDE OF ME! I'M BROKEN AND THERE'S NOTHING YOU CAN DO! YOU CANNOT HELP ME, I'M BEYOND YOUR REACH!"

"THIS IS NOT THE ANSWER! NOT THE CORRECT SOLUTION! I WANT YOU TO NOT TRY TO FUCKING KILL YOURSELF YOU IDIOT!!" Jacob grabbed both Mega's shoulders, shaking him slightly.

Mega flinched and closed his eyes.

By his experience, he knew what was coming next.

He shut his eyes together and tensed up, preparing for the worst.

Nothing came.

Was Jacob waiting for him to let his guard down? So that it would hurt more?

Jacob sighed.

"Mega, I don't want you to ever dare to think that I'm going to hit you. I'm sorry."

He let go of Mega.

Mega looked guilty as he lifted his gaze.

"No, I'm sorry Jacob. I should have done it. I'm sorry I put you through this."

(so for those who don't understand, he said 'should'. he truly thinks he should have killed himself before Jacob arrived there. Mega wanted it to be over with. But he stayed, and he didn't really know why. He just knows it would have been easier for Jacob if Mega died once and for all, instead of constantly trying to kill himself. But Mega still had hope. Hopefully, that makes sense:))

Jacob just silently gave Mega a hug.

Mega fit perfectly into his arms, closing his eyes, feeling bad for what he had said.

"I love you Mega and I don't want you to kill yourself. I need you. We can do this together." Jacob looked down at the smaller boy.

"I love you too." Mega just hugged Jacob tighter.

He wasn't okay, nor was he ever.

But for the sake of their relationship, he made it seem so.

Jacob had saved him yet again.

Should he have jumped sooner?

Or- ...

Memories tormented Mega. They ripped his brain apart.

He just wanted to forget. To end it all.

But with Jacob, everything seemed like it was going to be ok.

Like everything was going to be fixed.

<Word count 803>

I could have killed him, but after such I long time of them being together, I decided to let him live.

I've read too many books where he died, and I didn't want to make u guys cry too :(:

be safe loves<33