Chapter 27 Deep Thoughts and Leaving

"Oooh, look at this," it was Monday evening and Jacob just found something interesting, "look at this house, Mega."

Mega stood up and walked over to Jacob, looking over his shoulder, at a house Jacob found.

"Looks nice," he commented, "can we afford it?"

"If we put both of our wages together," Jacob counted, "then yes, we can totally afford it!"

Mega smiled, "It looks great!"

"And it's also not too far from here." Jacob's eyes lit up.

Mega knew how much Jacob liked the park beside them, and he was glad to see Jacob so happy.

"It says we can move in on the 27, which is next Thursday... so when I come, we will stay four days more in this place before we can move."

"Awesome!" Mega gave a thumbs up.

time skip to Tuesday evening

zelk pov

I really didn't want to leave Mega alone for even a small time such as four days.

He looked so sad but tried to hide it, to not make me worry too much.

I sat on the floor, staring at my suitcase, already half packed.

I was to leave on an early flight, hopefully before Mega even woke up.

I didn't want any long, dramatic goodbyes.

Fast and simple.

I was going to leave and soon come back.

Nothing to worry about.

Except for that knife, Mega had in the bathroom...

I was really hoping it was not to be used while I'm away.

Mega cooked supper that evening as I packed, and he said he wanted to cook something special.

I finished my packing and walked to the other room.

We both lived in the same room, as I didn't want to leave him, so the other room was empty.

I put my bags in there, closing the door.

mega pov

This was going to be the best homemade supper ever!

I tried my best, and it looked great.

The rice cooker beeped, telling me that the rice part of the supper was done.

I opened the oven to check on the chicken.

Looked good.

I pocked at it a little, to make sure it was fully cooked and turned the oven off, letting it stay there a bit more to not cool down.

I hear a door close somewhere upstairs, and Jacob was soon walking down.

I greeted him with a smile, gesturing towards the table, for him to sit.

He took the seat, and I served the food.

"This looks amazing!!" Jacob exclaimed. 

I smiled.

After supper, we decided to go for the last walk in the park.

I knew I was going to miss him so much.

But everything was going to be better once he came back.

'Surely I can survive four days without Jacob? I can text and call him...'

It was a sad thought that I was going to be alone again, but I was a grown man after all.

We put on warm clothes and walked out.

There was no wind and no people.

We walked in silence, and just like the first time, Jacob took my hand.

I blushed slightly and looked down, biting my lip to stop myself from smiling.

We entered the dark park, the dark trees welcoming us by waving their branches slightly.

Again, Jacob led me, through many little paths, finally arriving to our sacred bench.

It looked as it always did.

Surrounded by flowers, many fireflies flying around us.

So quiet.

No birds heard.

We sat down, and Jacob put his arm around me and pulling me in closer.

I put my head on his shoulder, and we both watched the stars for a while.

"I will be back... you know that, don't you Mega? ... I will be back and we are going to be happy again," Jacob said, looking at me.

I gazed at the stars, thinking about his words.

I smiled.

"Jacob, we cannot have a happy or sad ending. Our destiny is determined by our choices, but we cannot decide our fate. Fate puts opportunities in front of us, but we cannot decide or control it. We have very limited choices in this world, Jacob." I looked back at him, into his eyes.

Jacob came out of his deep thoughts.

"You're right."

"I always am." Mega smiled.

"You're so right... but we must try to make the best choices possible. We have control over some things."

Mega nodded, happy that Jacob agreed with him.

"You know Mega," Jacob looked at me, "we can either let fate lead us through life, or we can shape our own destiny. I'm happy with you, and I want to always be with you. I hope it will be my fate."

"Yes," Mega whispered, leaning against Jacob, "yes."

"I love you, Eli," little stars lit up in Mega's eyes, lighting them up with unusual fire.

Mega didn't answer, he just kissed Jacob.

They sat there, late into the night, enjoying the last moments together.

We may be destined to fall in love with someone.

Fate can only take you so far in love, and after that, it's completely your choice.

With fate, almost anything can happen to you because it is your destiny.

<Word count 880>

Thank you guys so much for 1K views! I love yall <3

This was kinda a deep chapter... yeah.