Chapter 6 Tickets

zelk pov

'I wonder what's up with Mega?'

Boy, was I tired.

I barely slept at night.

'I should go outside for walks more often - I slept great that night after going out.'

Zelk had problems sleeping.x

And there was also a fact that it's been a week, and he hasn't heard from Mega at all.

'Should I be worried? I mean, he is a grown man, and can surely look after himself?'

Something told me that, no, Mega maybe needed help.

He was always that kid who needed help but hated to admit it.

I remembered the times, where he looked like didn't eat for days, and I tried giving him my lunch, but he refused.

That is probably the reason he was so little.

Poor Mega.

He always refused to tell me why he didn't eat or why he had scars and bruises all over himself.

He used to come up with such lame excuses like "tripped".

Yes, I noticed the way he was acting, but I didn't really think anything of it before.

He was always so scared and paranoid about everything, although looked like a pretty chill person sometimes.//i knew the real him

After some time I stopped asking him about his physical state, as he always found ways to avoid answering, but I was still so worried about him.//escaped the questions

He always looked so beaten down, and he never had nice clothes or even a phone.//and sad

I saw that he struggled with depression.//and????

He knew I was always there for him, and he used to open up sometimes, but only a bit.

Later he stopped telling me anything like that, and we stopped being so close.

Although he loved the hugs I gave him sometimes.

In his eyes, for as long as I can remember, he had this deep, unique kind of sadness, but when he smiled, which happened rarely, little starts lit up in those beautiful, big, dark eyes, making my stomach drop a little.

Later in High School, he stopped talking at all, and only talked in front of me, and very, very rarely.

As I noted, only when he was feeling safe.//up

Like when I hugged him, he would whisper "thank you".

Those memories made me have butterflies in my stomach.

I missed him.

I needed to see him.

We used to live pretty close and go to the same school.

I remember him saying something about moving out.

In the 10th grade!

Why did he want to move out as fast as he could?

Mega was a smart and quiet kid.

He wasn't popular, although he was asked out a few times.

But he always refused.

I don't remember him being into anyone...

Weird.

I was the popular guy at school.