Chapter 23 Car Radio & Shopping

Clay, George, and Nick were leaving the next day, so they decided to spend their last night at Mega's and have a movie night.

Zak planned everything out, talking the burden from Mega.

It was Friday, and he and Bad were leaving on Sunday.

Mega's basement was big enough to fit them all, and they could also bring the extra couches from the first floor if they needed more sitting space.

mega pov

"Hey, Eli," Jacob's voice sounded behind me.

I did a 180 in my chair, facing him now.

"Wanna go shopping? We should probably buy some food for the movie night."

I thought for a moment.

I mean, there were always lots of people in the stores and I would get stared at...

But Jacob would go with me...

I seriously debated if I wanted to go or not, but Jacob's pleading eyes asked me to say 'yes'.

I nodded, "sure."

Anything for my Zelkie.

"Really? You will come with me?"

I nodded again.

"You're the best!"

I smiled and turned back to my screen.

"Okay, should we leave in like... uhhh... 20 minutes?" Jacob asked.

"ok"

Soon we walked out of the building, heading towards Bad's car. 

He let us borrow it, as we needed to buy lots of groceries and the store wasn't too close.

Jacob turned on the engine and adjusted the mirrors.

I waited for him to go but a "Wait, let's listen to some music" sounded from him.

He turned on the radio, listing through the channels to find what he liked.

Finally, he was satisfied.

Someone You Loved (Lewis Capaldi).

He backed out and out onto the road, quietly humming the song, as it blasted in my ears.

'I'm going under and this time I fear there's no one to save me

This all or nothing really got a way of driving me crazy'

The ride was about 15 minutes, and in the end, Jacob was singing full volume, me slightly humming along.

'Now the day bleeds into nightfall

And you're not here

To get me through it all'

At first, I didn't budge but seeing him not caring about how he sounded, I too, started singing a bit.

'It's easy to say, but it's never the same

I guess I kinda liked the way you helped me escape'

He didn't look at me (probably not to embarrass me), but I saw him grinning.

'I was getting kinda used to being someone you loved.'

So like that we drove, having a blast with the radio, for some time, finally arriving at our destination.

We found a free parking spot and exited the car, soon entering the grocery store.

I pulled my scarf higher, and put my hands in my pockets, avoiding looking at anyone.

Jacob pulled out the list of things we needed to buy and pointed.

"There. First, we need vegetables, so we go there."

We headed over to the fresh vegetables and fruits, then to the meat aisle, dairy, and lastly the dry foods and snacks.

It wasn't as bad as I thought.

I mean, sure, some people stared, but in the end, I was used to it - happened my whole life.

We stood in front of the chips.

So many choices.

I never went to big stores like this one, so I didn't know so many kinds of ships existed.

"This is a pretty good one." Jacob pointed towards the salt-and-vinegar ones.

I nodded, I didn't really care.

Soon we headed over to the cashier.

She smiled at us and was very fast with her job.

"Bags?" she smiled widely.

"3 please," Jacob replied.

He was smirking, looking between the cashier and me, as she asked me for my number.

"He's mute" he helped me out, smiling, after some time of watching me struggle to reject her.

"Oh." she blushed.

"And he's already in a relationship."

She looked embarrassed as she muttered something.

mega pov

'Well, that was embarrassing.'

Jacob kept looking sideways at me, smirking.

"What?" I finally snapped.

"Nothing, my mute e-boy." Jacob burst out laughing.

"Furry."

Jacob laughed even louder as he walked to the car.

"The way she looked at you" Jacob kept giggling.

I finally gave in and smiled.

His laugh was so contagious, I too, burst out laughing when we sat down in the car.

We just sat there laughing our heads off, wiping away tears.

"The look on her face when I said you were mute..." Jacob howled in laughter.

After lots of laughing, we drove home.

Laughing is the best medicine, I learned that with Jacob.

He never pitied me, but helped and gave more positive feedback than negative.

He was so fun to be around.

I looked at him, with admiration.

We parked and unloaded our groceries.

zelk pov

I knew Mega wasn't into girls, plus he already had me, so I had nothing to worry about.

I wasn't a jealous type.

Mega looked so happy after we laughed...

He was putting the food in the fridge, while I was checking my twitter.

The social media was still full of everyone shipping us and Mega's face.

It was kind of annoying, but Mega didn't seem very worried about it, so I pushed it out of my mind.

The other youtubers were to come soon, and I couldn't wait.

It was going to be a great evening.

<Word count 898>

Yeah... I don't know why I wrote this... 

lol