Photo

-^-

E. 062144-*

 For some, weird reason, the doors were open. And for some weird, very weird reason, there was no one to be seen in sight. 062144 slipped out of her dark, damp cell, looking around for moving shadows lingering in the corners, watching her movements. But there was nothing.

 No footfalls of military boots. No whispers of HYDRA nurses, or even the faint sound of breathing. The hallways were empty.

 062144, who had been peeking out of the door, slowly walked out of the room, blinking furiously under the bright light that hurt her eyes. Unable to believe the freedom she had gained, she looked around nervously, her chains jingling underneath her. Then, step by step, she walked, looking for an exit.

-^-

 She could've had made it. She could have creeped out of the facility, run to a nearby village to hide from the Nazis if the government wasn't yet done wiping out all the Jews. But alas, they had seen her, and she was running for her life through the dark night.

 "Da ist sie!"

 (There she is!)

 A voice called out, and panicking, 062144 accidentally tripped and fell onto the muddy ground, scratching her hands and knees on the sticks and stones littering the soil. But the girl scrambled up, not ready to admit defeat. She wanted to at least try her luck. If she was lucky, really lucky, she just might outrun the guards and become a free soul. Or maybe she might fall to her death from a nearby cliff, right before a guard tried grabbing her. If that was the case, she'd take him with her.

 Suddenly, with a swish, something hit 062144 hard on the back, and she was knocked to her knees from the force. 

 It wasn't a bullet. Bullets felt like being hit with a large hammer, the numbness subsiding in exchange of the throbbing pain and the feeling of hotness scorching the wound. She had been gunned at once, so it wasn't that hard to tell.

 By the drowsiness she was feeling, and the familiar sensation of drowning, she was most definitely hit by a tranquilizer.

 And this time, Pierce was definitely going to kill her. Okay, maybe not kill, but at least torture her until she was cursing God for being born in this hellish world.