P. To Live Not To Survive

All the characters and plots are from Stan Lee, an amazing man who entertained children and adults alike with his wonderful imaginations and ideas. Rest in peace, Stan.

P.S. Rest in peace, Chadwick Boseman.

-^-

1939 October 13th

HYDRA BASE IN: STUTTGART, GERMANY

 The sky was white with smoke. Fire could be smelled from miles away, and shouts could be heard echoing through the night sky. A figure lay in the wet grass, just a few meters away from metal walls that led to her destination, dressed all in black.

The figure, the woman, with blonde hair and silver eyes, was trying to crawl to the gun that had clattered to the ground from her hands when she felt the impact of the bomb. The agents who were sent with her to take care of the mission had died painful deaths. She was lucky that she was even alive at the moment. The woman felt a intense throbbing in her leg, and soon began to assume that it was probably bleeding, and uncontrollably at that. All of a sudden, her head felt light, and her eyesight instantly went dark.

-^-

 The woman woke up, dazed. She was half expecting the feeling of mossy ground of a forest underneath her, but instead, she realized that she was laying in a soft bed. She cautiously tried getting up, but as soon as she did, she felt an immense pain in her leg like she had experienced just a few moments before she had fainted. She fell back into her pillow, groaning in agony. 

 The woman closed her eyes in confusion. Then, suddenly, she could see a shadow creeping up underneath her eyelids. Her heart racing, her eyes snapped open in alarm to find.... a young man. He had black hair, and brown eyes, a worried look crossing his face.

 "Wer bist du?"

"Uh... sorry?"

The man looked surprised.

"You are British?"

his English was heavily accented, but she could still understand it.

"I thought you were from anti Nazi group."

The man sat on the stool beside the bed. "Were you on mission?"

The woman tensed at that, her gaze hardening.

"Why would you think that?" After taking a look at her cold face, the man put his hands up a little, a small gesture of surrender.

"Relax, I am Jewish. I am being hunted also."

Understanding flashed in the woman's face. "Oh..I'm sorry, I thought-"

"No worries, it is good." The man smiled a little. It was warm like the sun, and the woman blushed a bit.

"Um, do you know why my leg hurts so much?" She asked, quickly changing the subject. "I can't feel my toes either..." She looked up, and noticed the look on the man's face.

"...What?"

"You....lost a leg."

"Huh?"

The woman sat up, despite the pain in her leg, and the man's pleas to stay put. No. No. This can't be happening. She slowly pulled the covers from her legs. one bloody stump had taken place of her left leg. The woman looked in despair. The man looked down at his hands.

"A large shrapnel had lodged into leg," he whispered. "Couldn't get it out, so had to...." He waved his hand over her legs, like it would explain everything to her. "I am very sorry." She sighed a little, wondering how she'd be able to survive disabled.