Files

-^-

M. Meyer-*

 It was a very hot summer

 It was a very hot summer. Something that Mathilda hadn't felt in a long time. Or to be more exact, about 70 years.

 It was the first summer that she had experienced since her break out months ago from the New York City HYDRA base, and she located an abandoned house to live in for the time being.

 The air was humid, and sweat trickled down her face, as Mathilda began to put her hair up in a pony tail with an elastic rubber band that she had sneaked out of a shop. The scars on her body peaked out from the bare skin underneath T-shirt and shorts, and the black numbers marked on her skin was exposed.

 Blowing strands of hair out of her face, the girl walked over to a make shift food holder to get a bottle of water. She immediately opened the top, but sighed in frustration when warm water touched her parched lips.

 "Was zum Teufel. Es ist zu warm,"

(What the fuck. It's too warm,)

She muttered, as she put the cap on and tossed it into a corner. But then, from the corner of her eye, Mathilda saw a bit of...movement. And she whipped around to inspect it.

 And there, in a large hole in the wall of her home, was a girl. She had brown hair, and chocolate brown eyes, a bag secured to her back. She looked to be about....14? 15 or something, and her eyes were puffy and red, like she was crying.

The girl stood there stunned, one foot in the room, and the other foot out of the hole. Then, with a sigh, she wiped her nose and sniffled.

"I'm sorry... I'm not trying to trespass, but I really need somewhere to go... And this place seemed to be abandoned, and..."

Mathilda stood at her spot, speechless from realizing that some girl had found her hiding spot.

The brown haired girl's eyes wavered around the place, and her eyes fell on Mathilda again.

"Um...What's that on your throat?"

She asked innocently, as Mathilda quickly covered it up with a hand, and turned around to face the opposite wall. Quiet footsteps echoed behind Mathilda, as the girl slowly walked towards her.

"Go away."

Mathilda murmured, and the footsteps stopped.

"...Okay."

The girl answered after a while, sighing.

"But I really have a question. Will you answer it?"

Mathilda turned her gaze to a small window beside her, showing off a small patch of disowned garden, full of broken chairs and sofas.

"What's your name?"