Trial- Pt. 2: Times of Doubt and Impatience

-^-

H. Meadows-*

 "Umm..."

 Henry said, as he eyed the group of people sitting on a long bench located at the side of his office, looking rather threatening, with their eyes staring daggers at him. 

 He knew them. It would be impossible for him not to, with all of them there, each radiating some kind of... chilling aura.

 Just three seconds before, the man had just come back from lunch while calling his wife and his 7 year old daughter Daisy just so he could live through the rest of his agonizing work when he opened the door to encounter this impossibly rare situation, that he certainly wouldn't have payed even two cents for.

 "...Did I do something wrong?"

 The people staring at him, or should he say, the Avengers, continued with their stances, before the blonde haired man in the far left, Captain America, rose from his seat with a sigh.

 "You haven't, done anything wrong, Mr. Meadows. We're just here for...help."

 Henry bit his lip, before giving a nervous chuckle. 

 "Uh...Gentlemen? Ladies? I'd...Love, to...you know, help, with whatever's wrong but-"

 "Then help, what's the problem?"

 A man who sat next to Steve Rogers, his arms crossed and his dark brown hair shoulder long, gave a scowl that looked like it was engraved into his face.

 "...Well, you see, I have a ton of work to do, and-"

 "Don't worry about that, I'll see to it with your boss. There's nothing you can't do without money."

 A dark haired man with dark eyes, obviously Tony Stark, spoke out, as he gave Henry a stern glare, making him feel helplessly lost.

 "But seriously, I have to-"

 "We can always threaten him with a knife, you know."

 A red head spoke out. "Why are we doing this the hard way?"

 "Because, Nat,"

 Rogers sighed out, seemingly exhausted, "That's illegal."

 "...Fine."

 Henry muttered, flustered as he walking over to his desk. He had a feeling that this was about to get really chaotic.

 "What do you want?"

 He asked, as he sat on his chair. The Avengers walked over as well, which was pretty intimidating, but Henry was sure to hide what he was feeling.

 "We needed an attorney. And you were our best choice. That's it."

 A man with spectacles and...a lab coat, shrugged as he said that, and the woman across him, with dark brown hair coming to above her waist added with a frown.

 "The others were complete assholes."

 "Wanda. Language. Seriously, I told you so Stark, you're rubbing off on her!"

 "What did you expect, everyone in here's champs at cussing, you didn't think that she'd learn some of it?!"

 "Okay, let's chill, shall we?"