Memories- Pt. 4 : Tortured by the Fates Above

This one....was so freaking long. Hope you like it. You better like it. (Okay, joking. Sorry.)

-^-

J. Rhodes-*

 Rhodey closed his eyes tight, the thumping of Tilly's heartbeat continuously ringing in his ears. He couldn't watch this. It was just... harrowing. 

 The suffering that the kid was going through in front of him was surely a memory. But it just hurt him so much knowing that all of this had happened to her a few years back. And that there was no one there to get her out of that disgusting hell.

 A sudden gust of wind rushed past Rhodey, and the air changed slightly moist replacing the dry and hot atmosphere that had formed due to the raging fire. Even so, Rhodey was afraid to open his eyes. He knew that the things that he'd seen wasn't the end of Tilly's suffering. He knew that they still had a long way to go. But really... he just wanted it all to end.

 Rhodey scoffed at himself. He was trying to save himself from the pain of watching her memories, when the girl would be haunted by them for her whole entire life. That was just so... selfish. And he couldn't help but accuse himself for being so self centered and cold.

 Then, a song suddenly erupted, making him slowly open his eyelids, momentarily blinded by the searing light.

 Buddy, you're a boy, make a big noise

Playing in the street, gonna be a big man someday
You got mud on your face, you big disgrace
Kicking your can all over the place, singin'

We will, we will rock you

  The light hurting Rhodey's eyes slowly subsided, and he was left confused of where he was, along with confusion of why the hell that song was blaring in a supposedly dark place. The light had revealed a long, dirty hallway, that looked pretty much abandoned. Rhodey looked around, but he couldn't find anything special of it except a creepy metal door attached to the wall on his right, a few feet away.

 Rhodey looked around, but he couldn't find anything special of it except a creepy metal door attached to the wall on his right, a few feet away

 The place was dark, and damp, the vague scent of mold wafting around. Not exactly understanding what to do, Rhodey walked down the hallway, past the metal door in order to register his current situation. However, he still wasn't able to find anything that would point out his location.

Buddy, you're a young man, hard man
Shouting in the street, gonna take on the world someday
You got blood on your face, you big disgrace
Waving your banner all over the place

 That's when he heard a small scream.

 Rhodey jumped, as a feminine scream erupted from somewhere, followed by the sound of bare feet.