Protests

-^-

-1949-

HYDRA BASE LOCATED IN : UNKNOWN

E. 062144-*

 The girl sat huddled in her cell, the dim lights flickering in and out, her eyes wide in terror and disbelief as she stared at the corner of the damp HYDRA cell that they had chained her in

 The girl sat huddled in her cell, the dim lights flickering in and out, her eyes wide in terror and disbelief as she stared at the corner of the damp HYDRA cell that they had chained her in. Bruises, the shape of large hands, were slowly starting to mark themselves to a dark shade of purple on her wrists as she tried rubbing at them vigorously with the tip of her cracked nails, desperate to erase them away. But she only ended up exacerbating the state of the discolored skin.

 Her clothes, the rags that had already been slightly ripped and  cut in the edges from all the times she was kicked at, was nearly torn in half after what had just happened.

 It ached. She could smell blood. She was cold. But most of all, she felt dirty.

 She wasn't sure of what just happened. She was uneducated in this field. Of course she didn't know anything, she was eight. Or seven. She wasn't sure, was she? But this.... 

 Her mother had once said that God was always there, watching the bad and the good. Was he angry that she killed all those people? Was it some kind of punishment, payback for her wrongdoings? Was it her fault that all of this had happened? 

 Who could she blame?  Who could she blame but herself?

 The girl gripped her arms in dear life when the image of the Guard looming above her was shoved into her head again. A kind of feeling, a sensation of a myriad of snakes wriggling against her body made her want to puke, as she shuddered in horror. sweat trickled down her back, as she closed her eyes tight.

 The memory of the pain, feeling helpless and suffocated under the grown man's weight was unbearable.

 She knew nothing, and had no idea what to think of, but she had three thoughts she was certain of.

 One, the man did something, something that she didn't even want to remember, which was impossible because of her photographic memory.

 Two, she didn't like what he did.

 And three, it was definitely something wrong.

 Gulping, and trying not to sob, the girl hid her face in her grimy hands, wanting to disappear. To disappear from this world, from this place. But she knew that those kinds of hopes were childish. They never came true.