Trial- Pt. 1: Disadvantages to the Weak, Advantageous to Those of Power.

-^-

M. Meyer-*

 "....So you're an agent of SHIELD."

 "Was, actually. You missed the 'was'."

 Mathilda stared at Larry in shock, as he casually sipped his cup of coffee. How could've she missed this? Larry was excessively understanding from the start, he didn't even flinch when she told him about HYDRA and the 'freezing' that she'd been through. 

He'd known everything from the beginning.

 "Then...but..."

 The girl sputtered, as Larry gave her a glance before setting the mug in his hands down on the table.

 "I got in a few years after I retired from the Army, and then I resigned in 1997. I realized that they were rotten to the core when I found info about SHIELD assassinating a man and his 15 year old son in the files that I was ordered to sort out. Said that he was a spy from HYDRA, but they never gave out the details, and I couldn't ask for any 'cause I was a level 3 at that time."

 Mathilda bit her lip.

 "Did you know that ....HYDRA infiltrated SHIELD?"

 "Nope. It was news to me. 'Cause, I literally read it in the newspapers. But it wasn't a surprise. They were working with immoral principles, I'm actually kind of relieved that it was HYDRA, not SHIELD itself who arranged such things."

 "Yeah..."

 Mathilda muttered, as her gaze wondered over a few heap of crumpled newspapers in the corner of the room, the top sheet illustrated with a photo of the SHIELD symbol.

 -SHIELD is said to be cracking down on HYDRA agents secretly hiding in their walls, claiming that the extraction of them would only take months.-

 The title read.

 But Mathilda knew HYDRA too well to believe that SHIELD would succeed on weeding out all the agents like they thought they would in a matter of months. It was clearly impossible. Were rats, living off of rotting food in the deepest sewages of New York  eliminateable?  No. They were certainly not. 

 The thought itself was hilarious.