36

Lisa POV

"This was definitely much needed," Jisoo sighed peacefully on the beach towel next to me. I smiled at the feeling of the sun, nodding along to her words. "Where was Jennie again?"

"Apparently getting drinks with Rosé at the bar area for us." I took off my glasses and sat up, Australia definitely was a place to visit again. "This was amazing."

"Yeah and you can have this whenever you want." Jisoo teased as she sat up too. "I'm serious, I've never seen you so happy and yourself with someone before. Then again, Somi was the only one you dated."

"She was nice but she wasn't for me." I shrugged, not really bothering to think of my ex. "Jennie's always been it for me. We just have completely different life schedules and goals."

"Well before we become like lobsters why don't we just go see what the girls are up to? I need some alcohol." I nodded and we got up, grabbing our stuff to go to the bar.

I frowned when I saw Jennie's manager there with them, him and Jennie arguing while Rosé looked annoyed with him. We walked over to them and Jennie gave me an apologetic smile.

"I'm sorry, baby but someone decided to book me a last minute fan meeting, talk show interview, and live event."

"When?" I frowned, hoping it was just all in one day so we can still enjoy the vacation together.

"Miss Kim is very busy now this schedule." Her manager cut in, his face void of any emotion. "Luckily you'll have access to her black card and you have your... friend to keep you busy."

"I don't want her black card." I grabbed my bag and stormed off towards the hotel. I was so annoyed this guy ruined our vacation, Jennie's well deserved vacation, but I'm also supposed to be supportive since this was her career.

"Lisa!" I ignored Rosé as I made it to the elevator. She made it inside and pulled me in for a hug. "We're really sorry. We seriously didn't even know he had taken the flight out. He just thought it would be nice for Jennie and it really would help her single."

"I know I was just really excited for us to be able to spend a normal vacation together."

"Nothing will be normal for you girls. She's an idol, I do get why you're upset, but just think of Jennie okay?" I nodded and I went back to the hotel room.

I took a shower and changed into the hotel robe, surprised when I saw Jisoo storm into the hotel with a smirk on her face.

"Get dressed. Hot. We're going out."

"But our girls are-"

"Doing what they got to do. We are going to have fun in Melbourne whether it's with or without them. I'm not letting manager douchebag ruin our time here or be the reason my bestie sulks when she could be dancing her ass off in a cute dress in a club."

I grinned at her and ran to the room to get dressed. I put on my strapless dark blue skin tight dress that ended at mid thigh, along with my black heels.

"Model fucking legs." Jisoo whistled and I rolled my eyes. "Shall we?" I laced our arms and we left to the elevator. We made it down to the lobby and left out to the club Jisoo recommended.

I texted Jennie but I got no response from her. We got into the club and headed straight to the bar for a drink.

"Surely a pretty girl like you can't handle that." The bartender said to my two shots of tequila.

"She can," Jisoo smirked in timid English as she slid her arm around my shoulder. I took the shots and she cheered. "Now we DANCE!"

We went to the dance floor and I let my body dance to the beat. Jisoo and I both had so much fun and we went back for more drinks. I felt phone buzz and I opened it up, surprised to see it was 3am.

Nini❤️: Babe where are you girls? It's late :(

To Nini❤️: Daxger club. Should be back soon

"Unnie! We should head back." I smiled as she whined drunk but adorably. She downed her last beer and nodded. I slid my arm around her waist to help her out the club as she stumbled on the way out.

"Miss Manoban?" I turned to see Jennie's manager.

"Oh look! It's manager douchebag!" Jisoo grinned drunk and I felt my cheeks burn as he rose an eyebrow at her.

"Miss Park asked that I give you both a ride back to the hotel." I nodded and put Jisoo into the car, but before I could climb in, he put his hand on the door and I looked over at him.

"A word before, Miss." I looked back at Jisoo who was passed out on the seat but comfortable. I closed the door and crossed my arms around myself. "I know we don't see eye to eye. Me being Jennie's manager and only caring for her and her career. It makes it easier for me to tell you this."

"Let me guess, you're not good enough for her? A distraction?"

"Precisely. You're a nobody in her idol life. In fact, she was so upset for disappointing you today that she messed up a lot during rehearsal for tomorrow. Instead of being a good girlfriend, you go get drunk with that college student who has no future."

"Don't talk about her like that. I have my life and I'm free to do what I want. Jennie understands that."

"And that's exactly why she dumped you all those years ago." My breath got caught in my throat at what he said. "Oh I know all about the break up. Smartest thing she ever did for her career. What do you even plan on doing after college huh? Be a dancer? A nobody? Jennie's bound to break records and travel the world for her fans. She has life goals set out and here she is, start of her career and already moving plans for a girl she can't even call her girlfriend. I may seem like a heartless prick, but I only care for Jennie's career. Think it through. She worked too hard for years to waste it on some time."

I looked down at my shoes, trying not to let his words get to me.

"I'll offer you a flight back to Seoul and half a million to leave her alone. Monthly. I'm sure it will be easier the second time to get over the heartbreak. When Jennie becomes even more famous, you can thank yourself for that. Because you'll only set her back with your basic life goals. Oh! And this conversation was lovely."

He held the door open for me and I climbed in, now glad Jisoo was asleep because I had to bite my lip from letting the tears flow. I wiped my tears and prayed I was making the right choice.

"What time would the flight be."

"Earliest in four hours. I can send for someone to retrieve your bag and passport." He looked back at me with a grin. "Such a smart girl. You're doing the right thing."