𝕿𝖍𝖎𝖗𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓- 𝕬 𝕲𝖆𝖒𝖊 𝕺𝖋 𝕮𝖆𝖙 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝕸𝖔𝖚𝖘𝖊

"Did you go to Chilton's last night, Hannibal?"

"Yes, because I felt as though he needed to get what was coming to him eventually."

"But does he deserve to spend the rest of his life in prison?"

"Well, I was imagining that he would get the lethal injection, but that works too."

Will sighed heavily and looked into Hannibal's eyes. He knew why he'd done this.

He only did it because Jack was getting dangerously close to finding out who the actual Chesapeake Ripper was. Hannibal knew that Will knew his reasoning for killing and mutilating the latest victim by proxy. He couldn't help but feel unsettled by that.

The fact that he could get captured and rot away in wherever they'd put him, unable to properly be with Will ever again scared him for reasons unknown.

And it wasn't often that Hannibal Lecter felt scared.

•~•~•~

Dr. Chilton was escorted to the Baltimore State Hospital for the Criminally Insane in complete and utter silence. Oh, the sad humiliation he felt in his chest was really something else. He knew what he'd done, but in his mind it was classed as a warped act of self defense. He was only doing it so it wasn't him that had his heart and lungs stolen as he was tied to his basement floor with his own veins.

But how would that evidence hold up in court?

Jack should've interviewed Chilton sooner, he thought to himself as he made his way to the Hospital. He internally debated inviting Will over to the untimely resignation of Dr. Chilton. He decided that he should, so he called Will and asked him to get down to the Hospital as soon as he could.

He begrudgingly went.

Jack met him at the gates with a grin. "I think we've finally found the Ripper, Will."

"I wouldn't put all of my eggs in one basket, isn't this a little out of character for the Ripper to go out of his way to spread evidence all over the murder scene?"

Jack wanted to thank Will for planting his feet back onto the ground, but for some strange reason, he felt angered by Will's comment. He didn't say anything as they went into the Hospital.

There sat Chilton in an orange jumpsuit, encased in the two-way mirrored room, handcuffed to the desk. He looked deeply disturbed as he was questioned by an FBI agent.

"He's admitted to this murder, and this murder only."

"Maybe because it's the only one that he's ever done." Alana suggested from the left of Jack.

"Or he's manipulating you all."

Dr. Bloom looked over at Will with a look of displeasure, mixed with a hint of interest with what he had to say next.

"Dr. Chilton is obviously clued up on how the brain works, so he could potentially be using this knowledge to cover up the things that he's done in the past."

"That's a strong allegation to make Will."

"I know, that's why I'm making it."

Chilton hardly talked, and Will knew that this investigation would last forever so he left. 

He felt obliged to tell Hannibal what Chiltom was doing, and what their next plan should be. Luckily for Will, Hannibal had already organized something within his brain he was getting ready to share.

When he returned to Wolf Trap, he found Hannibal petting his dogs and looking quite pleased with himself. He hated to break up such a nice little interaction.