𝕿𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞 𝖔𝖓𝖊- 𝖂𝖎𝖓𝖊 𝖎𝖓 𝕻𝖆𝖗𝖎𝖘

Back in the hotel room, the newly engaged couple had a fair amount of wine and it was obvious they were at least partially drunk. 

The smiled and laughed over nothing for a little while, until it turned to a more romantic affair, which had been initiated by Will slurring something that may have seemed romantic at the time, and brushing some hair out of Hannibal's face. 

The kisses they shared only heightened the drunken air hanging around the couple. Their wine-soaked gasps for air between their dis-attached lips meshed together in the dimly lit hotel room. 

Skin to skin they lay as Will's fingertips read the scroll of Hannibal's spine. They almost felt consumed by one another, intertwined under the cover of darkness. 

The way that a candle's flame almost desires to eat away at the wick and the way that the wick wants to be wasted away by the flame to an imperfect harmony of their own creation could be a metaphor for Hannibal and Will. 

The things they felt together were mutual; like the feelings of yearning and passion would often sear their minds, and the only antidote was to act on those restrained feelings and rather interesting ideas of love. 

If passion was a place, then Hannibal and Will found it on that drunken and dark night. They found it together and made it brighter and they bathed in each other's afterglow. 

Of all of the art pieces and beautiful little things he'd ever seen in his lifetime, Hannibal's favorite sight to gaze upon was Will as he gave himself to him.

In a drunken haze, their time together felt unending.

The next morning, both of their hearts sank when they saw an article in the paper asking about the whereabouts of Will. They didn't realize about the warrant for his arrest hanging in the air.

•~•~•~

Down the street, the Caedes were overjoyed.

They could lure both Hannibal and the authorities to them, demanding various things from each of the parties they attracted.

Not to mention the extensive worldwide media coverage that would be circulating. They felt that this was the beginning of their ascendancy on the list of worshipped figures in the world.

They had a decent idea of where they were hiding out, and they intended to use their anonymity as an indestructible force to get what they wanted.

It was about mid day and the sky was overcast. There was a slight chill in the air, but it wasn't cold enough to wear a scarf and a hat.

The Caedes stuffed their veil-like cloth masks into the pockets of their forged cleaners uniforms and headed into their stolen van, which was parked in a dingy little garage beside their headquarters.

They knew that the pair would be in the apartment, as Hannibal would only take his partner out under the cover of darkness.

As they arrived at the front of the hotel, the receptionist let them all in and two of them went into the elevator located at the end of the room. They were the scouts. The other two went into the back of the van and brought a large plastic cleaners caddy and wheeled it into the building.

They then went up in the tight elevator.

The scouts had found the room, all they needed now was a way in. They tried knocking, which lead to nothing. One of them went down the elevator once more to retrive the keycard before they finally got into the room.

None of them questioned the validity of getting the keycard from the receptionist if the room was already booked, so they proceeded into the room, still holding the belief that Hannibal and Will were there.

They were obviously gone. The bed was neatly made and there was no evidence that anyone had been in here in the first place.

The only thing that remained was a leaflet that looked as though it had fallen down the side of the bed and been overlooked.

It was for a vineyard a little way into the countryside. 

It seemed like a desolate enough location for the two to escape to after finding out that your partner now has an arrest warrant on them, and they were actually kind of hoping that the couple weren't still here, they only really came here for informational purposes, but were ready to fight the pair if necessary.

Still, at least they knew where their next move was.

•~•~•~

Hannibal and Will arrived at the vineyard via hire car. There was hardly anybody in the entire place, as it was during the off season and the place that they were staying in was practically an air bed and breakfast.

It had the homely feeling of a cottage, but felt slightly off, like nobody had shared any meaningful experiences here in a long while. 

The doctor inhaled through his nose. He could faintly smell both red and white wines in the cellar, not to mention the smell of the sweetness of grapes and flowers in the gentle breeze.

If this place wasn't already owned, he would love to live out here with Will.

The pair took their bags inside and set them down by the door as they explored the rest of their temporary residence.

The kitchen still had a rather bright blue vinyl wallpaper with a strange shell-like pattern, so it obviously hadn't been updated since at least the 70's.  The carpet in the living room was clean and in overall good condition, and the deep green lounge suite contrasted the "vintage" wallpaper well.

There was also a bay window with a reading nook that perfectly caught the sun in the late evening.

Upstairs were two bedrooms, one with an ensuite. The green and blue theme was continued upstairs, but on a less intense, pastel note. The rooms both had decently sized and well made beds.

On further inspection, Will found out that there was a hot water cylinder downstairs that made a slightly annoying noise. He hoped he could tune it out so he could enjoy this trip out here.

"We may have to shower together to conserve hot water." Hannibal said with a sly grin as he joined Will downstairs at the hot water cupboard.

Will, disregarding Hannibal's homoerotic comment, changed the subject.