CHAPTER 4

Hey folks Time for another update...
Hope you all like the story so far... Enjoy the story ...Thanks for reading

******

**A few months  after  her punishment..**

Elara was running at her best speed with a paper in her hand.
She slammed the door and ran to Tessa ,who was reading a book in the living room.

"Mamma, see ,I got full marks in my english test .." Elara beamed at herself.

"Oh ...good . What about your maths test ? " Tessa asked her.

" Oh that one ...I got a 45 out of 50" Elara showed her the progress card.

"Elara wilson, you have just got average marks in all the other subject. What do you think you are going to do if you lose 5-6 marks in all the other subjects? Do you think English is gonna let you make a career? You'll reach nowhere if you don't get full marks in math and science. Do you understand. " Tessa scolded her.

"Yes mamma" Elara was about to cry, tears filling her eyes.

"What about Kale ? How much did he score? "

"He got full marks in Maths and Science. But he only got a 42 in English" she said.

"See that's what I told you. That boy hangs out with you all day and night yet he gets better marks than you. Can't you learn something from him. We do so much for you and you can't even study . Shame on you Elara. Kale is a much better kid. I'm really ashamed now." Tessa hurled.

"I just got a few marks less than him . And I got more marks than him in English." Elara snapped.

" How old do you think you are to talk back to your mom, uh.  You've started to become worse than what I  imagined . English ... What are you gonna do with that. Nothing ....you understand, nothing. Go back to your room and no dinner for you tonight."

"But momma I...." Elara stomped her feet.

"Elara, now go to your room."Tessa Bellowed.

*****

Elara was on lying on her bed crying . She didn't understand why her momma was so mad at her. She was really happy when she got the test results...she was happy when she saw that she had  full marks in English. She thought that it would make her momma happy... But no..
She was angry. Was it because of me? No. It must be because of Keke... Why did he have to score more than her??? Elara felt sadder now. She started crying again..

Just then she heard a tap on her window. It  must be Kale. She didn't move. She was angry at him for scoring more than her.

"Ella oooppen... it's mee..... Open or I'll fall. " Kale whisper yelled from the other side of the window.

Her heart melted a little when she heard that he'll fall . She slowly went upto the window and opened it for him and came back to where she was.

Kale jumped in through the window with a small box in his hand.

"Hey what took you so long and why are you sleeping at this time?" Kale sat on her bed.

"Why don't you come through the door and I am not sleeping." Elara sat up wiping her face.

"I came through our way..our tree...it is easier to come this way you know....hey you're crying ?? "  Kale came closer ..He didn't know what to do.
He sat besides her and started patting her back, trying to console her.

"It is because of you.....mamma is angry at me because of you...i don't like you ..." Elara pushed him from the bed.

"Me...what did I do?  I'm an innocent cute boy ...what can I do to my Ella? Kale said making a cute puppy face.