CHAPTER 25

Hello guys..... Thank you for reading....
It means a lot...
*****
"Dad, please don't cry. Seeing you cry makes it really hard for me. I love you... But I am not going back anymore.... Not after what she said to Sarah... " Nathan sighed.

"I am not asking you to son... But do know that I will keep my door open for you and my daughter in law. I regret not speaking up for you that day. I knew you were just like me. I was just like you. I snuck out of the house to watch the sky go from dark to the darkest shade of blue, just to watch the stars twinkle. I've always wanted to be a physicist. I loved all the stuff that none of my friends understood. Astrophysics was my thing, something that I held closer to me until my parents told me to take over their business."

"When I saw you that day, begging infront of your mother, I remembered myself. But I didn't have a say infront of your mother. I never loved business and I never loved your mother." His father sighed. Nathan stared at his dad. He was shaken to the core at this words of confession.

"I was forced to marry her, born and bought up in a family of heartless business people like herself. We never loved each other. We acted as the perfect couple, for the sake of our marriage, just to keep her reputation.
She has another family, a rich fellow. She has a son too. I have seen him a couple of times... He's younger than you by a few years... Unfortunately that kid is mentally retarded. I never intended to tell you all this... "

"Why? " Nathan asked.

"I don't know... I really don't know... I felt that I shouldn't let you know that your parents hate each other.... I felt that you'd be heartbroken for some reason. But now I feel like I just dropped a bomb onto your head. I just want to let you know that I have always loved you, my boy. I lived this long just for you... I have nobody else other than you... You are my life and soul..." Nathan cut off his father by hugging him tightly.

"Love you too dad... " He said.

******

"Ahem*ahem" Kale coughed bringing them both back to reality. "It's late... Don't you think it is time for sir to go home and have some rest... We have class tomorrow. I don't want to miss his class." He said earning a smack across the head from Elara.

"You ruined their moment." she said crossing her arms.

"Sorry." he said sheepishly.

"No... He is right. It is late." Mr. Fitzherbert said. "Where are you going to stay son?"

"I'll go to the research stat..."

"They are coming with us..." Kale said cutting off Nathan.

"Yeah." Elara agreed.

Nathan and Sarah looked at each other not understanding the situation.

"Well we are not planning to let you both out of sight after what you said a few days ago." Kale said.

"Are you talking about that 'planning to move out prank'.... That was meant to be a joke." Nathan said shaking his head.

"Well, we don't take things for granted. You are coming with us..." Elara said holding onto Nathan.

"You too.." Kale said holding onto Sarah.

"Fine." They said with a shrug.

*********

"Well that was quite some things to happen in a day." Will said.

"Yeah... You alright?" Rosette asked patting Nathan..

"No...." Nathan said shaking his head. "But I will be, if you make Poutine Monkey Bread tomorrow." Nathan said pouting like a baby.

All of them started laughing.

"Sure son whatever you want." Rosette said smiling widely.

"It's late already. Why don't we just go to sleep." Sarah suggested.

"Yeah. Do you want to go over to my house." Elara asked Sarah.

"But your parents?" Nathan asked worried.

"They are not here... Went for a business trip... " Will said.

"Yeah... They won't be back until next week... So it's chill time for me." Elara said dancing around.

"Where is Kale?? " Nathan asked.

"Oh he's already in his room taking precautions so that you won't escape." Elara said as if she was saying something obvious.

"Gosh.... we ain't going anywhere..." Nathan said.

"And we ain't taking any chances." Kale said coming down through the stairs.

"Come, it's time to sleep." He said pulling Nathan back upstairs with him.

*******
Thanks for reading💜💜💜

Don't forget to like share and comment.

Hope you all like the story