Chapter 10

The branches were slippery..Kale wobbled for a bit as he neared the window of room when his arm slipped from the branch. He heard a gasp from behind, fear enveloping his mind.
*********

Just then an arm flew out of his window and pulled him up to safety.

He was engulfed by a warm embrace. Kale slowly opened his eyes. He saw Rosette infront of him hugging him like her life depended on him.

"I will never let you fall champ.. if you fall then that will be the end of my life..and I want to live with you and your mum for a little longer." Will said kissing him on his forehead.

"Thanks papa... For a second I thought I was dead." Kale sighed....he looked at Elara's room. She was sitting on her window sill. Her face had a look of relief .

"Are you ok ?" She asked him through signs.

"Yeah " he replied.

"Well now that we know this isn't safe we have to think of something..."

"We are not cutting the tree...and it is the first time.. it won't happen...." Kale interrupted Will. His face went pale .

"Wait there champ. Lemme finish what I have to say .... I'll try to do something that can let you send things to each other without going over there...and about you going to there I'll have to think of something. "

"Well that is the perks of having a mechanical engineer as your father. Don't worry love .... he'll find a way"
Rosette patted Kale's back.

"Thanks momma ,thanks Papa." Kale hugged them both.

********

" Put the stuff in a bag hook it onto the ring and just pull the string until it reaches the next window. You got it." Will explained his new mechanism to Kale and Elara , who was given permission to visit Kale for half an hour.

" The string is thin and it is camouflaged by the tree so it won't be seen by anybody. The string is strong enough to hold the weight of three encyclopaedias ...but nothing more than that.... So be careful. And about you guys going to each other's place ....." Will paused .

Kale and Elara looked intently at Will.

"I have thought of a way... Since the branch is thick it is possible...."Will said analysing the situation."I will try my level best ....You can try the pulley system now if you want to" Will said.

"Thank you Uncle Will..." Elara jumped up and down.

They ran over to Kale's window and examined the pulley system that Will built for them. It was not so tough for an experienced person like Will.

(It looks like this

(It looks like this ... instead of the stick imagine the wall of Elara's house )

***********

A few days later

"Wow Papa....this is amazing....it is the best ...Love you dad...." Kale hugged his dad.

Will created a small wooden bridge on the thickest branch that connects their their room. It has small railings so that they won't fall over. He created a small cave like structure using the smaller branches. It was hidden ,safe and of course beautiful.

 It was hidden ,safe and of course beautiful

( Imagine it is something like this. On top of a tree.. connecting 2 houses and dont forget small railings too... I couldn't find the exact picture as this idea was a fragment of my imagination...I Don't even know if this is possible ... But yeah..it will be safe...because I trust uncle Will.😜)

" It is all for you my son... and for our Ella too.... Do you want to call her over..." Will asked.

"Nah... I'm gonna see her " Kale said climbing over the sill.

"Ha... That is a better Idea..but what will you do if it is locked.." Will asked raising his eyebrows...

"We never lock our windows.....we just close it so that we can open it from outside." Kale grinned.

"Mmm you guys have really thought about all the things eh..No wonder ... after all you are my son..." Will chuckled.

"Bye papa..." Kale waved. Will waved back and went out of Kale's room.

*******
Kale looked through the window to see what Elara was doing... She was sitting on her chair engrossed in her book..

Kale opened the window as slowly as possible. He crept behind Elara and kept a hand on her shoulder.

Elara was startled she screamed and threw a big fluffy toy in his direction....

"Oh my god Kale....is that you ?? Why would you do that????" She screamed.

"Can you keep quiet. Or do you want your mum to find out that my papa built a bridge so that we can meet each other when you are grounded." Kale raised an eyebrow.

"Wait what ... Uncle Will completed the bridge...." Elara ran to her window."Wowwww it is beautiful..."

***********

So this will be the last part where they will be kids....next chapter is going to have a time lapse...

Are you excited to meet Elara and Kale as teenagers??

Hope you like this story so far...

Life is gonna change for them just like it changed for all the teenagers out there...

Don't forget to* Vote* share* comment*

Thanks for reading🤗

Love you all❣️