Chapter 11

Hey guys....

Time to fast forward a bit now.... let's say five years. They are 13 now...and they are officially ' Teenagers ' 🎉🎉.
So let us begin.

**************
Elara was sitting on her bicycle when she heard somebody calling her . She looked around and saw Steven coming near her..
"Hey Elara" he waved at her.

Steven was a classmate of hers. He was tall with brown hair and beautiful freckles.

"Hi Steven , wassup", Elara said with a smile..

" So, you are alone ...where is Kale??"

"Oh...you are here to see Kale... he'll be back any moment now....he went to buy some groceries. If you want I can call him now." Ella said taking her cellphone out...

"Oh no... Don't.... Actually I came to talk to you .... Ummm" Steven paused scratching his neck. " You know the thing is that ....I ...kinda ....you know..."
Steven stammered....

"Steven ...what is it...???" Elara asked

" You know I kinda like you....you can tell me later no hurry ...." Steven said.

"She doesn't like you Steven... Don't even try. " Elara turned back to see Kale with a smirk on his face .

"Kale Jones that was rude!" Elara said sternly.

"Oh yeah ! So you like him back?", Kale raised his eyebrows.

"No ...no...I don't.." Elara then turned back to Steven. "Steven it is not like that.... Umm  I mean ...you know...." Elara panicked.

"Yeah ,that clearly means she doesn't like you that's it.... Now if you let us, we would like to leave." Kale said pulling Elara after him.

"Bye Steven , I'm sorry ,"Elara waved back with an apologetic smile.

She climbed onto her bicycle and  looked forward to see Kale a few meters away .

"Well ,when did you start leaving without me." She thought.

"That was rude Kale , I would have refused him politely you know." Elara said catching up with Kale.

" Anyway you were gonna refuse I just helped you speed up the process...or else you would have been standing there with your.....you see... I mean...
I didn't mean...you know...blah blah blah..." Kale said mimicking Elara...

"When will you stop mimicking me Kale... "

"Lemmme seeeee...ummm I guesss..." Kale said tapping his chin with one hand and riding the cycle with the other one. 

"Never "..... He snickered and rode fast.

"You...... Ugh....how could you, you.... dumb head .... Just wait till I get you..." Elara muttered.

*******

Kale's cycle was already parked neatly infront of his house. Elara parked hers in the place where she was allotted to park hers...

She ran up to her room and went out through the window ..... She peeped through the window of Kale's room . He was lying on his bed playing games on his phone....

Elara opened the window very slowly ...but before she could step into his room she slipped and fell onto the hard floor board..

"Oh holy crap.... What was that... "She said caressing her neck "I think I broke every bone in my body.".

She could hear Kale laughing on his bed.....

"You evil little cockroach, what was that??? "

"That is what you get for sneaking into my room, miss Elara Wilson.... I oiled my window sill ...and you fell right into my trap. "

"Wait till I get you back for this..."Elara said trying to stand up..
"Ow, it hurts, it hurts...aaah.." she started screaming  holding onto her leg...

Kale ran towards Elara..." Oh just let me look... I'm sorry... I shouldn't have done that.... oh I'm so sorry.... try to get up we can  go to the hospital..          I should call help... should I call 911...oh no ... "Kale started panicking.

But he stopped when he heard Elara giggle... "Haa... Got you.... that's what you get for hurting me Kale jones..."

"You" ...Kale said standing up."so we are even now right?" Kale asked pulling her up onto her feet...

"Tch tch tch...did you think you can escape... I need answers Kale... Why  would you say like that to Steven ? not just him...this is the sixth boy that you have been rude to. "

"Are you an idiot ? They proposed you... What should I say to them then... I know you are really beautiful ... With your blonde hair , blue eyes and that smile..... But that doesn't mean everybody can love you....You. Are. My. Best.Friend. Forever. Period. " Kale said hugging her.

"Ooh looks like someone is jealous..."
Elara smiled. "By the way Keke... You have grown tall now... I barely reach your shoulders.. "she said comparing their height.

"Well practically it's not my fault that I have inherited my father's genes.... Moreover I am gifted with my mother's smile...that makes me ten times attractive."Kale said with a wink...

"Oho...looks like I have triggered the narcissistic part of your brain." Elara shook her said.

"What did you say??" Kale raised his eyebrows...

"Oh ho.... Looks like I'm in trouble.." Elara turned towards the door.. but  Kale was quick. He grabbed her by her wrist and pulled her back.. He trapped her with his hands...

"Oh !!! You are going no where ma love ..... Did I hear you wrong or did you say I'm narcissistic.??" He asked.

"Oh no....you heard it wrong...how can I say some thing like that especially about  you???"

"So am I good looking." Kale asked again.

"Oh yes you are.... You are extremely hot . You look handsome with your Messy brown hair.."

"Chestnut brown hair , Ella. Now continue" Kale interrupted.

"Yeah..your Chestnut brown hair and your EMERALD green eyes. You are well built. You are the topper in our whole grade yet you are cooler than everybody. You are so tall that you got selected to the basketball team.... -

" I got selected because of my skills ,Ella," Kale corrected.

"Whatever," Ella scoffed "You got into the basketball team because you are highly talented and ....ummm and... Umm that's all...."

"What.... That's it...I was actually enjoying it... " Kale frowned." Say it once again."

"Oh Kale.... No way. , Maybe buy a tape recorder and I can record it for you...but I am not going tell you that again....and now if you don't mind  can you please leave me, your majesty.. ? " Ella said in a mocking tone...

"Oh sure princess .... But I want to tell you one thing.. if anybody proposes you again ,you are going to say No....just No. Ok. No need to say you know... I mean...blah blah....OK?"

"Even if it is you??? Ok I'm fine with that... " Ella chuckled...and before Kale got an opportunity she ran down stairs to the kitchen.

"Hey aunt Rosette...you want any help???"

"No love ...go sit down.... I'll get something for you to eat.."

"Thank you aunt Rosette."

"Well that was a great escape... I have to be faster next time." Kale chuckled.

******

Aaaaaand thats another update..I can't believe myself that I have updated almost thrice in 24 hrs time..

Hope you like the story... 

Thanks for reading.🤩

Love you all 😍