CHAPTER 22

Hai guys. Thanks for reading...

*******

"Wow... Looks like your family is affluent huh... " Sarah said looking at the huge mansion infront of her.

"Now don't tell me I was a fool  to leave all this behind and suffer." Nathan said looking at his house with a sigh.

"Nah... I am sure you've heard it enough of times... I am not planning to bore you... Moreover I know why you did it... I won't judge." She said hugging Nathan sideways. Nathan smiled at her.

"Come now or else she'll be angry... We are early though..." Nathan said hugging her. He rang the bell and waited for someone to open the door.

" Young Master, sorry to keep you waiting." A  lady in her early thirties opened the door with a warm smile.

"No worries Isabelle. We just reached now. Sarah, this is Isabelle, Mom's secretary. Isa, this is Sarah, my wife to be." Nathan said holding Sarah close to him. Isabelle beamed at them.

"You look beautiful dear." Isabelle  said hugging Sarah.

"You too." Sarah said.

"Thank you for taking care of Nathan. He is like a younger brother to me. I feel great now that he is with someone who loves him. Come in. Madam will come down in a minute." Isabelle said inviting them inside.

They were seated in well decorated luxurious living room. A little later, a lady presumably in late forties or early fifties walked down the stairs. Elegantly dressed, her face resembled Nathan's, making it clear that she was his mom.

Sarah stood up along with Nathan and greeted his mom with a smile, that she didn't care to return. Nathan held onto Sarah's hand. His hands were sweating profusely. Sarah squeezed Nathan's hand slightly assuring him that she was with him no matter what.

"Mom this is Sarah." He said breaking the silence.

"Hello Mrs. Fitzherbert." Sarah said.

Nathan's mom looked at her and nodded curtly.

"Mom, she is here to visit you and you don't even care to wish her properly. " Nathan sneered. Sarah held him back. "It's ok... Don't shout at your mom." She whispered.

"I only return pleasantries to people who deserve it." His mom said. "According to my investigation she doesn't deserve it."

"What are you saying??? What investigation?" Nathan asked.

"My son here has brought home the girl he loves. It is my duty to inspect her and she doesn't deserve to be acknowledged." She said looking at Sarah.

"Mom, what the... Didn't I fricking tell you that I love her and she loves me. Now what is the matter with you?"

"I did a background check. Do you know who her mother is or atleast where she is... A dead father is all that she has. Her mother left her years ago... I don't think I want you to marry her. There are a lot of girls with higher status waiting to marry you."

"Family status is the last thing that I care for. I know about her family and I don't care... Her dad loved her till his last breath and who wants a mother who doesn't want her daughter? If you care for me, just remember how you messed up my life. You have no idea how I suffered mentally and physically after what you did?" Nathan burst out. Sarah held onto his shoulders, trying to calm him.

"Ma'am, I don't know what you think of me. I am not afraid of anything because my conscience is as clear as air. About my family...." Sarah sighed.

"My mother decided to leave me, then a five year old, and my father, to make a new family. I was raised by my father, who loved me more than anything else. One day he left me all alone in this world, to fight my battle on my own."

"I was a petty teenager, barely 15 years or so, suffering from depression and PTSD*.

(Post-traumatic stress disorder -A disorder characterised by failure to recover after experiencing or witnessing a terrifying event. * For people who don't know. If you know just ignore. Thank you*)

"Professor Samuel found me in a camp, among children like me, who suffered from mental issues, that tortured us like nightmares. Homeless, depressed... He and his wife took me home. They took care of me. They treated my illness. He treated my disorder. He told me about children like me... People suffering from from much more severe problems. He taught me about psychiatry and human psychology. He cured me but more than that he showed me what to do withy life." A tear left Sarah's eye. Nathan held tightly onto her as if his life depended on it.

"He supported me in my journey as a psychiatry student. I used to work with him. That was where I met Nathan. When I heard how he worked hard day and night, to achieve what he wants I felt a strange connection. I wanted to protect people like him, people like me, who suffered due to our ill fate. I was his friend and guide. But we felt more than that. We waited for a long time..." Sarah took Nathan's hands in hers.

"I love Nathan more than I love myself. I don't have many people who care for me, but those few are all I want. They are my happiness... The happiness that I treasure the most... I assure you that I will love him more than my life till my last breath." Sarah closed her eyes letting the tears flow down. She kissed Nathan's hands and then let it go. She walked out of the door wiping the tears.

Nathan ran behind her hugged her.
"Sarah, love.... Please... Don't cry... I promised you... Never to let you cry again.... I am sorry... Please..... Don't cry."

" Nathaniel.... I love you the most. I am not planning to let you go... I will love you all throughout my life. I want some time to collect my thoughts. Go to your mother. Talk to her. She might be feeling bitter now...  go... I will wait for you. " She said kissing his forehead.

"You'll wait for me at DD.... Please promise me.." He said.

"I promise ... Go... Talk to your mom.." She said to him and walked away.

**********

Thanks for reading.

Let me know your thoughts about this chapter. About Sarah, Nathan, his mom....

Vote* Comment* Share

Thank you...