CHAPTER 24

Hey guys
Thanks for reading ❤️
********
"Hello, May I know who I am talking to?" Elara asked on the phone.

"I hope I am talking to Elara. This is Jacob, Nathan's dad."

"Oh I am sorry Mr. Fitzherbert. I didn't recognise!! What happened Sir? Is there anything I can do for you?" She asked concerned.

"Well... Is.... Is  Nathan with you and Kale?" He asked.

"What!? No... He is not... He left with Sarah to your house... For the family dinner... Is he..... Not with you??? What happened sir... Where are they?"  Elara started panicking.

"I don't know if I should involve you here... But I... I... really don't know what to do... I messed up really bad... As a father I... am a loser... I don't even know my son..." His voice cracked up.

"Sir, tell me please what happened... Is it his mother? Did she do something? Didn't she say that she'll let him marry anybody?? What now??" Elara started crying.

"I don't know dear.... I really don't... I don't even know where my son is... I want to see him... But I don't know where to look for him... I don't know what to do... " Elara felt that he was genuinely sad.

"Sir, This is Kale. why don't you come to my house. We can look for them, you know.." Kale said taking the phone.

"Hmm okay... Thank you son. " He said hanging up.

*****

"Kale do you think they left us... like they said." Elara was crying her eyes out.

"No they won't... They won't ever leave without telling us... I kind of have an idea where they might be..."
Kale said sitting up.

"Umm... Are you thinking of what I am thinking" Elara said wiping the tears.

"D.D... " both of them said together.

*******

"Mr. Fitzherbert... That's them.... There.... " Kale said pointing at Sarah and Nathan sitting under the tree.

"Yeah, you should probably talk to them..." Elara said patting his frail old hand. "It'll be alright. Nathan loves you." She said with a reassuring smile.

******
"Son" Mr. Fitzherbert called him. Both Sarah and Natha saw him and stood up. "I...I want to talk to you." The old man said in a frail shaky voice.

"Dad, we had plenty of time... Now I don't know what to say... I love you... I love you so much more than you know and I don't wanna be rude... I don't know..."Nathan said trying to look away.

"Nathz... You should probably talk to him... Listen to what he has to say... Please...." Sarah said.

"Sarah, I..." He looked at her desperately.

"Please... For me.."

"Fine." He walked with his father. They walked for some time.

"Can we sit here, son." His father said pointing to a bench nearby. Nathan nodded.
They sat down on the bench and Mr. Fitzherbert held onto Nathan's hands.

"Do you remember son, when we used to come here. To watch stars... When your mom was away on her business trips?? I didn't know you kept coming here. Thanks to the kids I got to see you today..." The old man chuckled.

"Those were the most beautiful days of my life. I knew you really well then...I know an apology is not worthy enough and it won't make everything right.... I can not change how you feel about me and your mom.... But I have something to say son... I did not have the courage to tell you but now... If I don't I'll never be able to...." He said wiping his  tears.

*****
💜THANKS FOR READING

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE*SHARE*COMMENT