CHAPTER 6

********

"Oh no , now I regret doing that." Elara panted.

" Well I have to admit that I have the same feeling. "

"Now , what are we gonna do??? My parents will either disown me or ground me for my whole life., I'm doomed...." Elara said shaking her head ...

"Don't worry , you can live in my house ." Kale said patting his chest.

"Oh can you stop joking."

"I  am serious. "

" Yeah I can see that".

And with this both of them started laughing...

After a few moments of looking around Elara said ,"Hey ,we have to go home , remember....it is getting dark... It's not safe for eight year olds to wander around.."

"Hmm we should go back. ....It is safe to go back to my house. Papa will talk to Uncle Mathew ."

"Umm that's a plan." Elara nodded.

They started walking back. After a lot of twists and turns and going around  in circles they reached infront of Kale's house. It was pitch black outside.They knocked the door.

The door opened and they saw Will standing infront of them. Both of them hugged him. But Will did not hug them back .

"Kale Jones, you should come in and Elara please go back to your house" Will said in an indifferent tone.

"No Uncle Will please don't send me back. They will scold me please...... please don't do that ,Uncle Will please.....let me stay here...please ..." Elara pleaded.

"Didn't I tell you to go home and Kale come inside  now... How dare you do something so foolish! Who are you ...hero in a movie. Who are you to get involved in other people's business?? You don't understand when we say things like that . Maybe you can understand when this stick tells you." With this Will grabbed a stick from the table and walked towards Kale.

"No, uncle  please don't hit Kale. It is all my fault. I shouldn't have called him. Don't hit him. You can hit me. I have no problem. Mamma always hits me . But please don't hit him " Elara stood inbetween Kale and his father.

"Elara, please.move. don't interfere in our matters." Will tried to move Elara who was now hugging Kale like her life depends on it.

Rosette couldn't stand this. "Hon, let her in .... after all they are just babies..  See ...both of them are tired and hungry. Let them sleep ...talk peacefully in the morning." Rosette tried to coax Will.

"Rose ,stay away from this okay . I   know how to deal with them.  They just need punishments . Didn't you hear what Mathew and Tessa said... They told me that I am a bad parent I don't punish my kid and that is why  Kale is so mannerless....and...and they fricking told us to mind our own business, didn't they..." Will Bellowed.

" And you believed in their words.... Will ,YOU  BELIEVED  THEIR WORDS ????  " Rosette was furious .

Both Kale and Elara looked at each other . They have never seen Rosette with an angry face ,the have never heard her talk like this.

Rosette turned to the kids, her face was didn't show any trace of anger . "Babies , go to the kitchen and have something to eat. You must be hungry,right??  Ella I've made your favourite Poutine. Go have some ...  I have to talk to uncle Will about something. Go..." Both Kale and Elara ran towards the kitchen.

They could hear Rosette talking. Though her voice was not as loud and harsh as before ,they could still hear what they were talking about .

" Will, I didn't know anything about being a parent . You were the one who taught me how to handle kids. Do you remember telling me that we should love them and listen to their side before taking action. But just now I didn't see you asking them about what happened today. You just took a stick and bellowed at the kids like a madman.  Do you think your actions justify your words. You were just doing what Tessa and Mathew does to Ella. Don't you always tell me Ella is like your daughter and you feel bad when they hurt her? Then how can you think of sending her back to  that fricking house ?  You always told me that we  should understand our kids.
We should support them when they are right and correct them when they are wrong. You were always agaist Corporal punishment. And now what?" Rosette paused for a moment. She calmed herself down a bit and continued.

"See I love you ,Kale and Elara more than anything in this world. I know you are the best dad in this world. Both the kids are really lucky to get a dad like you. You should not  hear what those dumb people say about you!! If they were better parents our Ella wouldn't have listened to Kale,  She wouldn't have pleaded to you to let her stay. Please listen to me this once. Think with a cool head. Be yourself. I don't want an animal to be my husband. You have your own past life. Compare it on your own." Rosette kissed Will on his cheek and walked to the kitchen.

Will sat down on the chair and he felt tears trickle down his cheek.
"I Shouldn't have  done that. I shouldn't have been like my father."

***********
Ohh so that is another update....

Next update will happen really soon.

Do vote , comment and share the story if you like .

Thanks for reading.

Love you all ❤️