CHAPTER 16

**********
*NEXT MORNING*

"Good morning momma , Good morning papa" Elara said coming into the dining room where Mathew was eating his breakfast. Tessa was sitting besides him with a cup of coffee and a newspaper.

"Good morning Elara ," Mathew replied.

Elara looked at  Tessa expecting a response. But it was silent.

"Tess, Elara just greeted you dear. " Mathew told Tessa.

"Oh was she telling us I thought she was talking to her parents next door." Tessa replied without looking at Elara.

" Elara come have breakfast." Mathew said trying to ease the situation.

"No, thank you papa . I'm not hungry."

"Elara eat something you have to go to school." Mathew told her again.

"Thanks papa...but I really am not hungry. Last night mom fed me too much dinner. I thought I'll be ok in the morning ...but it is not...so I'll better go now. Bye papa .... I'll go get ready for school."

Elara stormed out of the room.

************

" Hey Ella ....how are you? " Kale asked her when she came out with her cycle to go to school.

" Well and good . Never been better before. " Ella made a smiley face.

"Well is that sarcasm that I hear."

" No, it's irony." Elara shrugged.

" Well I don't see any Iron here..."

"Dumb head..." Elara said smiling ." I knew you would say that."

"Anything to make you smile, Señorita." Kale said bowing in a comically elegant way.

"Ooh somebody here is showing off their Spanish skills here..." Elara chuckled.

" Oh, Just to hear you chuckle like that..." Kale said with a wink.

"Ewwwwww Kale.. stop flirting Kale."

"I was born to flirt with you, ma lady"
Kale chuckled.

"Yuck...hormonal teenager" Elara said waved a hand at Kale and started riding her cycle away from him....

"Hey Señorita wait for me......." Kale said trying to catch up wit her.

***********
~lunch time~

"Hey ... Why are you sitting here...
come, it's lunch time" Kale called Elara.

"I'm going home for lunch today..." Elara said.

" Then come let's go..."Kale said holding Elara's hand. 

" Keke you brought your lunch. I have to go home." Elara said sternly.

" Yeah really. Then why didn't you bring lunch? " Kale said raising an eyebrow.

"I....I forgot." Elara said...

"Okay whatever...you can go if you want. Why would I care?" Kale said shrugging his shoulder.

"Yeah .... Fine " Elara said walking out of the class room.

*******

"He's stupid. He's a fool , a dumb headed cockroach... why would I care... Huh..." Elara was sitting on the pavement, muttering under her breath.

"Hey Elara..." she heard someone call her name.

"Look who decided to show up.....oh! it's you..!! Ummm hello Stevan." Elara waved at Steven , who was waving at her from a distance.