Chapter 25: Niall's girlfriend, right?

I was already sitting in this car for like two hours. Niall had called me, as he promised. The radio that was on was pissing me off because I couldn’t stand all these happy love songs right now. Raindrops were greeting me by tapping on the window. Well, at least I wouldn’t be in the pouring rain right now. I didn’t know where Niall would be right now. I didn’t know how long the ride would take, but I just hoped that we would arrive soon. My prayers got heard, because after about fifteen minutes, the car stopped in front of a big building. “Here it is!” the driver said.

“Thanks a lot!” I said before opening the door and getting out of the car. I walked up to the big building, looking for the door that said ‘artist entry’. Niall told me that all I had to do was knock that door, so that’s what I did. The door got opened very soon and a tall and big man was looking at me. “Hey, I’m Eveline. Niall said I should just knock the door…” I said, because I didn’t really know what to say.

“Wait a moment.”

“Eh, can I get in? It’s raining…”

“No,” the man just said and closed the door again. Wow, such a nice guy… I pulled the hood of my jacket over my head and waited for the door to open again. I expected that ugly big man again, but Niall was the one who opened the door.

“Come in, quick! It’s pouring!” Niall said and I got inside.

“Oh really? I didn’t notice!” I joked. Niall laughed and suddenly pulled me into a hug.

“I’m glad you’re here.” I buried my face in his neck and I smelt his scent. I never noticed before that he smelt this good. It felt good to have his arms around him. Safe, that was the word to describe how I felt right now.

“I missed you,” I whispered, still hiding my face in his neck and right after I spoke those words, I prayed to God that Niall wouldn’t have heard them.

“What did you say?” Niall asks in a chuckle.

“Nothing?”

“Did you say you have missed me?” He now loosened his grip a bit so he could look at me.

“No,” I chuckled. “Why would I say that?” I tried to sound as convincing as possible. Niall just shrugged his shoulders.

“I thought I heard you saying it.”

“Oh, maybe you thought I said it because you actually missed me…” I now said and Niall started laughing.

“Yeah right…” An awkward silence followed, until Niall broke it again. “Ok, let’s go! The other guys are looking forward to see you!” Niall said and took my hand.

“Eh Niall, there are no paps here…” I said, referring to him holding my hand.

“Oh yeah, sorry. Forgot.” He quickly let go of my hand.

“Why are the guys looking forward to see me? Don’t they hate me?” I laughed.

“No? Why would they?”

“Because I’m not nice…”

“No, you pretend to be not nice, that’s different…” I decided to just shut up again, until we arrived at the dressing room. Harry was the first one to get up right when he saw me and walked up to me.

“Hey Ev! Good to see you again!” he said and hugged me. This was weird. I didn’t even expect him to look at me. The next person to greet me was Emily, and after everyone had hugged me and made a few comments about my noticeable bigger belly already, I noticed two other girls in the room. Even before I got to say something to them, Liam introduced them to me.

“Eveline, this is Bea, Zayn’s girlfriend, and this is Daya, my girlfriend!” he says while wrapping an arm around the girl with brown, curly hair. They both smiled at me.

“Hey, I’m Eveline!”

“I know! Niall’s girlfriend, right?” Bea said. She had probably read it on the internet… The silence that followed was just plain awkward and the rest of the boys were looking at me with weird smiles on their faces.

“Eh… yeah…” I just said, not feeling like explaining everything again. I didn’t know these girls either, so maybe it’d be safer to just keep my mouth shut.