Chapter 33: The feeling of worrying

A loud knock was made on the bathroom door and some shouting followed. “I’m sorry, I can’t hear you!” I said as I turned off the shower.

“Can you please stop the singing? I’m trying to sleep…”

“Sorry,” I said, turned on the shower again and continued washing my hair. When I finished taking my shower, I took a towel, dried myself, put on my pajamas and went back to the bedroom part of the hotel room. Niall was already lying in his bed, but I wasn’t tired yet. I walked over to the big mirror in the room and started blow-drying my hair. As soon my hair was dry and the room was silent again, I saw Niall sitting straight up in his bed, not looking too pleased.

“Eveline, I tried to ask you to stop about ten times… I just want to sleep!” I walked up to him, sat down on his bed and ruffled his hair.

“Aw.. someone’s grumpy,” I said and then pulled him into a hug, but he pushed me away.

“Stop. I’m not grumpy, I’m just tired,” he said and let himself lay down on the bed again. I dropped myself down next to him.

“Kind of grumpy…” I smiled at him but Niall just turned around.

“Eveline, please leave me alone. I’m tired from performing.” I sighed, sat straight up and got up from the bed.

“Fine.” I said and left the hotel room. Lynn and Lynsey would probably be better company to be around anyway. I walked to their room and knocked on the door twice. It took them a little while to open it and Lynn greeted me.

“Hey Ev, what are you doing here?”

“Well… Niall is grumpy as hell so I thought I’d visit you guys,” I said and walked past her. I looked around the room, searching for Lynsey, but the only one I could find was Harry. “What are you doing here?” I asked him.

“Eh, Lynn and I were watching a movie…” he said, but his hair looked way too messy to believe that.

“Well eh, sure… Where’s Lynsey?” I asked Lynn. The look on Lynn’s face actually annoyed me. I was obviously only disturbing them.

“She’s with Louis, I guess.” I sighed and rolled my eyes.

“Ok. Cool,” I sarcastically said and left the room again. I didn’t really want to go back to Niall’s room. He was probably asleep already anyway. Disturbing Zayn in his beauty sleep wouldn’t be the greatest option either and Liam probably also had other things on his mind than keeping me company. So I decided to go to the lobby, where I sat down at the bar and ordered myself  a glass of juice. I was actually in need of a wine, but I couldn’t drink that because of the baby. My elbow leaned on the bar and my head leaned on my hand. I then started overthinking… And that’s the worst that can possibly happen. I started wondering about the actual reason Lynn and Lynsey came over. They probably didn’t even want to see me. A part of me started to think they had already something going on with Harry and Louis before all this, without me even knowing it, and they just used me to be with them. I mean like, Harry already had Lynn’s number. And they definitely didn’t look like they were ‘just watching a movie’.  And I didn’t even want to know about Lynsey and Louis. And just when I thought I couldn’t feel lonelier than I already did… It happened. No one really liked me for me. Lynn and Lynsey just were here for Harry and Louis, Niall just spent his time with me because he was the father of my child. He literally just told me to leave. He probably thought I was annoying and he probably regretted making up the whole boyfriend/girlfriend rumour. And the rest of the boys well… they just had to talk to me because Niall was the father of my child.

“Eveline, what are you still doing here?” a voice suddenly sounded through the lobby and I looked up. Niall’s face looked worried and he walked up to me.

“Where else do I have to go?”

“Well, you could’ve just stayed in our room…”

“No, you told me to leave.”

“C’mon, you know I didn’t mean it like that. I thought you were going to Lynn and Lynsey or so.”

“I was… but they had other company.” Niall looked at me with a questioned face. “Harry and Louis…” I could feel my own voice starting to tremble. Stupid hormones. I had to cry about literally everything.

“Then why didn’t you come back?”

“You think I’m annoying anyway.”

“I don’t!”

“You do…”

“No. I was a little bit annoyed with you because I wanted to sleep, but that doesn’t mean I think you are annoying. And do you know what’s even more annoying than you who’s trying to keep me awake?” I shook my head. “The feeling of worrying that’s keeping me awake.”

“What were you worrying about?”

“You.”

“Why?”

“Because I didn’t know where you were.” A smile started to grow on my face and Niall started to laugh a little. “So you like it when I worry about you?” I now laughed as well.

“No, but I do like to know that you care about me.” A wide and beautiful smile adorned Niall’s face as he pulled me into a hug.

“You silly, as if you didn’t know that already.” I wrapped my arms around his waist and rested my head against his chest. I softly shrugged my shoulders. “Now come with me, I want to sleep and not worry,” Niall said and let go off me.