Chapter 31: I guess I'm alright

I have already been awake for a little while, but I didn’t want to leave the bed and break this perfect moment. Neither did Niall. I knew he was awake by the way he was breathing. It was less heavy than when he was asleep. I have been awake for a little longer than Niall had. When he was still asleep, I had studied his face. His lips didn’t touch each other, which made a bit of his teeth and his braces visible. I wondered what his teeth looked like before he had braces. I bet he was already beautiful. I also counted the moles on his left cheek and in his neck. Still I liked those moles. They were perfectly places on his face, as if an artist had spent all his time on creating that perfect painting. I remembered kissing the moles in his neck. Each one. And each kiss made Niall laugh. I can still hear that melody of giggles. It was such a beautiful sound. It was beautiful in that moment and it always was. Whenever he was laughing, a wave of happiness just float through the room. “Eveline?” I smiled, just from hearing his voice.

“Yeah?”

“I wanted to know if you were awake.”

“Yeah, I am.”

“Maybe we should get…” Niall got interrupted by a knock on the door.

“Niall? Eveline? We have to get off the bus!” Zayn’s voice sounded. Niall chuckled and pulled away the blankets.

“Yay… Soundcheck…” Niall sarcastically said.

“C’mon, you like soundchecking!” I said and also got out of bed.

“I do, but I also enjoyed just laying there with you.” I chuckled. So did I. I hadn’t felt that safe in months.

“But you’ll have to leave now anyway, because I’ll have to change,” I laughed and grabbed my clothes from the floor. Niall first pouted, but as soon as he realized that wasn’t such a smart thing to do, he actually left the room. I did my second try today on changing myself into my new outfit, and this time, I actually made it. When I stepped out of the bus, I found Niall there, waiting for me. “Be prepared,” he jokingly said as he wrapped an arm around me. Just like the other times, there were a lot of fans, screaming for Niall’s attention.

“You can take some pictures if you want. I’ll wait here.” Niall smiled at me and then quickly pecked my lips before walking away. I was stunned. I didn’t know whether he did this so the fans would see it, or whether he really just wanted to kiss my lips. I mean like, he also could’ve kissed my cheek… I just decided to pretend it didn’t happen and took my phone out of my pocket. I actually did it just to check the time, but I noticed I had a new message. I opened it.

Hey Eveline! How are you doing? Where are you?! I thought you were at home, but since you didn’t pick up your phone, I called your parents and they said you weren’t at home! Please call me! X Lynn

I decided to call Lynn right now, because I was just waiting for Niall. “Hey Ev! Are you alright?”

“Yeah… I guess I am.”

“Where are you?”

“I’m with Niall.”

“But why? You hate being around him.”

“Yeah, I know. But I had nowhere else to go… It’s fine! He’s really nice and so are the other guys.”

“But you weren’t at school yesterday and literally no one knew where you were!” Lynn now said. I didn’t even realize that before.

“Yeah, maybe it’s better no one really knows. I’m absolutely fine, Niall takes good care of me and yeah… no worries!”

“Where are you now?”

“Eh, I think we’re in Manchester.”

“Lynsey and I should come over! We miss you!” I smiled a little. At least there were people that kind of cared about me. Yeah, kind of…

“I’ll ask the boys if that’s ok and then I’ll give you a call, ok? And I can ask in what hotel we’ll be sleeping so maybe you can book a room there, or something. I don’t know. Those hotels aren’t cheap by the way.”

“It’s ok! Just call me whenever you know!”

“I will. But Niall’s coming back now from taking pictures with his fans, so I gotta go. Bye!”

“Bye!” Niall came towards me and wrapped an arm around me.

“Who were you calling?”

“Ah, jealous boyfriend I see?” I jokingly said. “It was Lynn. She was worried about me and asked if she could come over, but I’ll first have to ask you and the other guys of course.” We entered the building as Niall started talking.

“That’s a great idea actually! Then you’ll have people who might understand you a little bit better and I don’t think the boys would mind. I thought Harry had Lynn’s number…” My eyes grew wide.

“What?” I laughed. “Harry has Lynn’s number? No way!”

“Well, it could’ve been another Lynn. Your friend isn’t the only Lynn in the world, but yeah, I heard him talking about it once.”

“Wow, this is weird! It’d better be another Lynn!” I laughed.