Chapter 19: Backseat Serenade (not really)

I'm so sorry I haven't been able to update a lot lately! Thanks to everyone who's still reading!

-------

I was listening to Alex Gaskarth, who was giving me a ‘Backseat Serenade’ through my earphones. Yeah, I was at the backseat of this stupid car but this situation wasn’t close to a serenade. I was staring out of the window, counting the streetlights that we’ve passed and Niall, who was sitting next to me, was slightly annoyed because I was listening to my iPod instead of to his excitement about their tour. Today was the day their tour would start and I had to come with them because there would be lots of paparazzi and blah blah blah. As if I didn’t have anything better to do… such as watching tv all day. Well, Niall told me it’d only take about an hour and then I could go back home.

The car stopped and I tried to get out of it as fast as I could. I had already seen, and heard, the hundreds of fans who were standing outside the fences. Niall got out as well and as soon as he reached me, he grabbed my hand. He waved to his fans and I didn’t know what to do, so I just looked around a bit. “You have some loud fans…” I said to Niall.

“I know, it’s fun!” I looked at him with big eyes.

“That’s not fun, that’s pathetic!” Our short conversation got interrupted by Louis, shouting our names. I looked up and waved at him. When we were close enough, I greeted all the boys with a hug. It was weird to be here. All those girls screaming there would probably hate me. What if there’d be one fangirl that would be really retarded and break through the fences and would kill me? That’d be scary… “What do I have to do…” I asked the boys, because I was just awkwardly standing here while they were waving at their fans.

“Well, we’re going to take some pictures and sign some things and yeah… I don’t know, you can stay here.” I just nodded. The boys were heading off to their fences while I crossed my arms against the cold and just waited, until this older guy came up to me.

“Hey, you’re Eveline right?” the guy said and I just nodded. I still had to get used to the fact that everyone knew my name and I knew no one. “I’m Paul, the boys’ tour manager!”

“Ah, cool!” I said, trying to be enthusiastic while I actually wasn’t, but I didn’t want to sound disrespectful. I actually felt sorry for that guy. He had to be around the boys all the time. He’ll probably get a lot of money for it, because no one in this world would like to have his job. I didn’t really know what to say to that Paul and when I suddenly heard someone screaming my name, I turned around to where the sound came from. I saw some girls waving at me and waved back at them.

“Can we have a picture with you?” one of the girls asked me. I walked over to them, so they wouldn’t have to yell.

“Why would you want a picture with me?” I chuckled. This was weird. I thought all of these girls would hate me. Maybe they hated me and would burn that picture later on.

“I think you’re gorgeous and you seem like a sweet girl!” the girl explained. “Niall should be really happy with you!” I laughed  little and then reminded myself of the fact that I actually had to act like I was Niall’s girlfriend.

“I don’t know if he is, I never asked him,” I said laughing.

“He probably is!” another girl mixed herself into the conversation. “He called you his princess!” I laughed again.

“Yeah, he’s really sweet! But eh, shall we take a picture?” I asked, because I didn’t like to talk about Niall. Especially not with his fans, who probably knew a lot more about him than I did. The girls enthusiastically agreed and I smiled for the camera.