Chapter 10: Searching for the paps!

One more thanks for all the reads! : D tips are still welcome! (: 

xxx

----

I looked at Niall with a strange face, not knowing what to think about the idea. “But.. we barely know each other…” I said.

“Yeah, but I mean like! We’re not really in a relationship, only for the rest of the world.” I nodded as a sign that I understood him, but I wasn’t quite sure about it. I wouldn’t know what it’d be like, being in a fake-relationship when the whole world thinks it’s real.

“But… won’t people find out about that?” I asked him.

“I wouldn’t know how.”

“And what do I have to do?”

“Ehm well, we have to be seen in public together every now and then and when people ask about it you should just say that we’re in a relationship.” I nodded.

“Ok, fine by me.” I understood that this was going to stop the ‘slut’ comments, and that would make everything a little bit better. “What band are you in actually?” Niall looked at me, raised his eyebrows and then started laughing. “Was that a weird question?”

“I don’t know,” he laughed. “I’m in One Direction.” Now it was my turn to laugh. Did I really have sex with a guy from One Direction? I always thought those dudes were about fifteen and god, I just couldn’t stop laughing.

“What’s funny?” Niall asked.

“I’m sorry!” I laughed. He kept looking at me, waiting for me to tell him why I was laughing. “One Direction is for kids… right?” Niall shook his head.

“No.. not really?”

“Oh.. my cousin is a fan of yours. She’s eleven.” Niall shrugged his shoulders.

“We do have some younger fans, but also fans from your age.” I raised an eyebrow.

“Really?”

“Yeah?”

“That’s weird.”

“Why?”

“I mean like… nevermind.”

“No, tell me.”

“Sorry, I just thought that was a band for kids, that’s all.”  Niall decided to just nod. “Ok, sorry for that. Eh, how are we going to let the world know about our ‘relationship’?” I did a quotation-sign with my hand.

“Eh, maybe we should go outside, so they’ll spot us together again and there will be more rumours about us and I’ll soon confirm them. Ok?” I nodded and got up.

“Ok, let’s go!”

“Wow, someone’s in a hurry!” Niall laughed.

“Yeah, I want that rumour to be gone as soon as possible.”

“Ok, so there are almost always paps in this street… We’re just going to walk through it, ok?” I nodded. Niall took my hand and this actually felt uncomfortable.

“Do I have to pretend I’m happy?” I asked Niall.

“Yeah, obviously.”

“Ok,” I said and put on my fake smile. “Are your hands always that warm…?”

“Yours are just cold…”

“They’re not?”

“They are!” I decided to shut up again because if anyone would catch this weird conversation, they probably wouldn’t believe us anymore. I didn’t really know what to say anyway, so I decided to just look around. I could see people looking at us. They probably recognized Niall, but I felt uncomfortable.

“Don’t we look unnatural?” I whispered, but I knew Niall had heard me.

“I hope not.” I was afraid it did. It felt unnatural. Niall wasn’t even my type. I must’ve been really wasted to even kiss him… It was still one big puzzle in my head on how this could have happened. “Shall we get an ice cream, that’s probably less awkward,” Niall said. I agreed with him and I actually felt like eating ice cream. Yep, must’ve been the pregnancy.

Being the gentleman, or should I say boy ‘cause he still looked like a 15-year old, Niall was, he bought me an ice cream, banana flavour, my favourite. “Thanks,” I said, smiling. Niall laughed and tapped his cheek with his finger. “What…?” I asked him.

“Kiss it, I spotted a camera…”

“Oh, yeah, sure!” I said and quickly pecked his cheek. Even his cheek felt like that of a 15-year old. Maybe he was 15 years old, I didn’t know. I hadn’t asked him. “How old are you actually?” I asked, laughing so it wouldn’t sound offending.

“I’m nineteen,” he said with a smile. “You’re seventeen, right?”

“How do you know?”

“You said it when you were freaking out.” I laughed.

“Oh yeah, right…” I started eating my ice cream and wondered for how long I had to be here with Niall.