Chapter 8: Daddy Direction

“But… wait,” I said, before Lynn and the girls started a bitchfight. “Why does everyone think I’m pregnant?” I said, choosing my words carefully.

“Eh… it’s  all over the internet…” one of the girls said, before walking away. I looked at Lynn with a strange look on my face.

“Did you or Lynsey post it on the internet…?” I asked her, but Lynn immediately shook her head.

“No! Neither of us would ever do something like that!”

“But you’re the only ones who know! And why would it be on the internet. I mean like, I’m not the first 17-year old girl on this planet that gets pregnant.” My head was full of even more questions right now and I bought a sandwich in the canteen. We sat down at our usual table and I started eating, while Lynn was being busy on her phone. Lynsey took a bottle of water out of her bag and suddenly, Lynn started freaking out. Before she even said something, she handed me her phone.

“LIAM PAYNE PASSES HIS ROLE AS DADDY DIRECTION OVER TO HIS BANDMATE NIALL”

The words were written in pink, disgusting colour, but I didn’t even care about that right now. My hands started to shake. “Wait what… bandmate?” I asked no one in particular and then I started reading the article.

Niall and this mystery girl, have been spotted in a cafe yesterday, talking things out about the ‘pregnancy’. Words such as ‘abortion’, ‘child’ and ‘money’ were floating over the table and the two of them didn’t look too happy. The girl kept begging Niall to stay with her, but Niall didn’t seem to be interested in her offer.

After that, I stopped reading. “What… I wasn’t even begging him to stay with me!” I said and then took a look at the picture that was on the side of the article. Yep, that was me, obviously. The shot was right in my face. And I couldn’t even care about that I didn’t look my best in the shot. Lynsey now took the phone out of my hand and started reading.

“I think I do have a problem…” I whispered. As if this whole situation wasn’t bad enough already, Niall had to be some famous band member and now everyone knew it. The freaking whole world, including my school and I wondered how long it would take until my parents would find out. I didn’t even have the time to tell them. “I’m going to call Niall,” I told Lynn and Lynsey and got up. I made my way to the nearest bathroom, so I could be alone and locked myself in one of the toilet stalls. I took my phone out of my bag, searched for Niall’s number and my heart was beating in my chest like crazy when I heard the few ‘beeps’, waiting for Niall to pick up.

“Hey, is something wrong?” I could hear his voice.

“Well… yes!” I said, being angry and worried at the same time. “Apparently… you’re some famous dude and now the whole fucking world knows about it and it’s all over the internet and my whole school knows and… I don’t know what to do.” I started of sounding angry, but the more I got to the end of my sentence, the more I could hear my voice break and in the end, I was crying.

“Hey, please don’t cry. I’ll tell the paps it’s just a rumour and everything will be fine again!” he tried to calm me down, but it didn’t really work.

“Yeah, you probably don’t care about it. But my whole school keeps staring at me and everyone’s talking about it.” Niall didn’t say anything for a moment, but then he started talking again.

“Ehm, is it possible for you to come to my apartment? I don’t think this is such a good thing to talk about over the phone.”

“Yeah, I think I can,” I softly said.

“Ok, I’ll see you! And please don’t worry too much ok! We’ll find something!” I nodded, but realized he couldn’t see that over the phone.

“Yes, see you.” I put my phone back in my bag and sighed deeply. This couldn’t be worse. 

----

Thank you so much for everyone who's reading my fanfic! It really means a lot to me and I hope you're all enjoying it! I'd love to hear what you think about it! 

xxxx