Chapter 14: Ultrasound Time!

I absolutely love how the reads are almost at 2000 already! Incredible! Thank you all sooooo much! 

xxxx

-----

Niall and I have been ‘dating’ for three weeks now and everything was going quite well. Everyone believed it and I only got called a ‘slut’ when fangirls were hating on me for being Niall’s ‘girlfriend’. But hey, that was their problem. I was just playing a bit on my guitar, when my phone started vibrating. I quickly answered it. “Hello?”

“Hey! Niall here! How are you doing?”

“Hey!” I said a bit more enthusiastically than before. “I’m fine, how are you?”

“Yeah I’m great! Am I bothering you?”

“Nope, you’re not. I was just playing my guitar for a bit and doing nothing.”

“Cool! Me too, but I was thinking… did you already go to the hospital for an ultrasound?” he asked me a bit hesitantly.

“No… why?”

“Well eh, maybe you should so we can now if the baby is healthy and… yeah, it’s important to do that.”

“Yeah, maybe you’re right…” I said, even though I really didn’t want to go. “I’ll have to ask one of my friends to come with me.”

“I’ll go with you!” Niall quickly said. “If you don’t mind, of course!” he added. I didn’t know if I wanted Niall to come with me. I mean like, I didn’t like him. We had become friends in the past few weeks, but maybe this was a bit of a too private case. On the other hand, what would be more private than having sex and seeing each other naked…? And he’s the father, he had the right to come with me.

“Yeah, sure! But do you have time for that?” I asked him. I knew he was busy. He had a tour coming up and he and his friends were rehearsing for that all the time.

“I’ll get a few hours off, don’t worry! Just tell me when you’re going, ok?”

“Ok, thank you,” I said with a smile.

“You’re welcome! I gotta go now, our break is over… Bye!”

“Bye!” Still with a smile on my face, I put my phone down on the bed again.

I let go off Niall’s hand as soon as we entered the hospital. There definitely wouldn’t be any paparazzi’s here. “I’m fucking nervous,” I said to Niall as we stepped into the elevator.

“Don’t be, it’s probably not that scary!” he said, smiling at me so I’d feel better.

“I know, but… maybe it’s just scary to know that there’s a living thing in my belly,” I softly said.

“You already know that?”

“I know… but this is the proof.” A ‘ping’ sounded through the elevator and the doors opened. We followed the signs and sat down in the lobby. We waited for our names to be called, and before I got up, I sighed deeply. Niall noticed it, obviously, because he wrapped an arm around me and pulled me close to him.

“It’ll be alright! There’s nothing to worry about. You should see this as a fun thing! We’ll get to see our baby!” I nodded, but I didn’t want to see our baby. I didn’t want the proof of it all being real. He took his arm away from my shoulder and we walked up to the room, where the nurse greeted us friendly. She introduced herself as Melanie.

“Take a seat, please!” she said to us. We sat down and I could just feel Niall was getting nervous now. Good, now he’d finally understand how I felt. She explained a few things about what was going to happen and I just nodded all the time. She then lead us to the scary chair in the room that looked identical to the one they had at the dentist. I hated the dentist, but anyway, I tried to stay cool, from the outside, and just sat down. There was a screen next to us. “You can just hold her hand and comfort her,” Melanie told Niall, indicating we were a couple. Niall looked at me hesitantly, but I just grabbed his hand. I needed some support there. “If you’d want to make your belly visible right now,” she said to me. I pulled my shirt up and a few seconds later, the feeling of a cold gel on my belly made the goose bumps appear on my arms. As soon as we could see something on the screen, Niall squeezed my hand a bit. “Look, there it is!” Melanie said, pointing to the screen. She pointed out the head, the arms and the legs and I could feel my smile getting bigger each time.

“It’s beautiful,” I whispered. It wasn’t exactly beautiful, it looked more like an alien than like a baby, but it still was beautiful. The whole moment was beautiful, breath-taking. Everyone was in silence, looking at the little creature on the screen. I looked at Niall, who was smiling widely.

“It’s healthy!” Melanie said. “It’s the perfect size!” Niall’s smile got even bigger now, and so got mine.