Chapter 35: The Fall

Paul parked the car and Niall was already standing outside the hotel, waving at us with a big smile. As quickly as I could, I got out of the car and I walked up to Niall, who tightly wrapped his arms around me.  “I’m so happy to see you again!” Niall said. I just smiled, enjoyed the feeling of his arms around me and the smell of his scent. After a little while, he let go off me and just smiled. “You look beautiful!”

“Thank you!”

“And your belly has actually grown so much! You’re 8 months right now, aren’t you?” I nodded, quite proudly.

“My belly is huge! I’m actually thinking I’m growing a twin in there,” I jokingly said and Niall laughed.

“Let’s go inside! The boys had missed you as well and I have a surprise for you! Two actually!” Without letting me say anything, he took my hand and pulled me inside. “Shall we first drop your stuff in my room?” he asked me and I agreed on the plan. We took the elevator to the second floor and when Niall had opened the door, a loud ‘surprise’ burst out. My eyes grew wide and there were so many people inside Niall’s room! The boys were here, Lynn and Lynsey were here, Emily was here, Bea and Daya were here! Harry was the first one to jump up to hug me, just like the last time. I had missed him too,  I had missed everyone. They were all making comments on my big belly and it was good to hear that they had all missed me too and were glad to see me. I felt so loved in that moment and when I looked over at Niall, I found him smiling widely. Smiling at how everyone was happy but especially, how I was happy. “But… this was only the first surprise!” Niall proudly said when everyone had calmed down a bit and I had taken seat on the couch. He walked up to his closet, and took a big plastic bag out of it. He handed me the bag and when I looked inside of it, I saw that it was filled with lots of presents.

“Are you crazy?” I whispered but Niall just smiled.

“Just open them!” he proudly said and he took place beside me. I took out one of the presents and gently unwrapped the paper. Niall barely could hold his excitement, even though he was the one who had bought the presents. When the present was unwrapped, I found a small, yellow and black striped bodysuit, with a bee on it.

“Aw, this is so cute!” I said with the biggest smile ever and when I looked at Niall, I found out that I wasn’t the only one that was smiling. I also opened all the other presents, there were more bodysuits, there were socks, pajama’s, baby shoes. There even was a beanie and a snapback in baby sizes.

I was still looking at all the presents Niall gave me, smiling like an idiot. I then turned my head, to press a soft kiss on his cheek. “Thank you Niall! This is really sweet!” He smiled, wrapped an arm around me and pulled me closer.

“You’re welcome, sweetie,” he softly said and kissed my temple. I could just feel everyone looking at us, but it didn’t matter. I could even feel the weird stares of Lynn and Lynsey and I remembered how I used to talk to them about how much I disliked Niall. I didn’t dislike Niall. I actually liked him. Better, I was falling for him. I knew I was starting to like him more than I should and I also knew it was wrong. I didn’t want to fall for him, it would only make things more complicated. Everything was perfectly fine right now. Niall and I were good friends, everyone was happy and no one got hurt. Falling in love means getting hurt and I didn’t want to get hurt. And I didn’t want to hurt Niall either. I knew that somehow, I had to stop myself from falling for him, and I didn’t know how, but I had to figure that out very soon, because this was getting worse.