Chapter 5: Talking about awkward...

It’s been two days since I found out that I was pregnant, with the child of someone I didn’t even remember the name of. Lynn and Lynsey had offered me to go with me when I was going to visit the guy’s apartment, but I told them they didn’t have to. Back then, I thought it’d be a good idea to go by myself but you don’t even know how much I regret that now. I had put my hands in my pockets, walking my I-don’t-care-about-anything walk while I actually was nervous as fuck. The building made me shiver. I felt so small in front of the huge building but I just sighed deeply and then looked at all the names that were written next to the doorbells. How was I supposed to know what doorbell to ring when I didn’t even know his name? I decided to just press a random one, that said ‘L. J. Payne’. This whole situation was a ‘payne’ indeed. “Hello?” I heard a deep, but nice voice saying.

“Eh, hello…” Shit! What did I have to say? Why didn’t I prepare this.

“Who are you?”

“I’m Eveline!” I quickly said, because obviously that guy didn’t know who I was, even though there was a camera right in my face. This probably wasn’t the right guy, but maybe it was, since I didn’t remember his face either. Maybe I would if I’d see him.

“What are you doing here? Do I know you?”

“Probably not, maybe. I’m looking for a guy but I don’t remember his name anymore, so I just pressed a random doorbell, but I do know he lives here.”

“And why are you looking for that guy…?” That L. J. Payne was curious…

“I can’t tell you,” I said, because I found it way too embarrassing to just say: yeah I found out I’m pregnant and had a one night stand with a guy that lives here so I gotta tell him.

“Is this a joke?”

“No, it really isn’t! But it’s something really private and it’s really important!”

“Ok eh, what does the guy you’re looking for look like? Maybe I can help you.” Thank god he didn’t continue with the awkward questions. I tried to remember a few things about the guy.

“He eh… I think he has blonde hair... but I’m not sure.” I actually couldn’t really tell the colour of his hair because the lights of the club were making it hard to see. “He had braces… and eh… he wasn’t that tall, but taller than me, but I’m quite small, so yeah…” I could remember some more details. For example that he had some freckles in his neck and that it was obvious that he bit his nails, but those were weird to tell.

“Does he have blue eyes?” L. J. Payne asked me.

“Yeah, I think so.”

“Try ringing the doorbell of N. J. Horan! It’s my friend, Niall. I think he’s at home. Good luck with whatever you’re coming for.”

“Thank you,” I said with a smile.

“Bye!”

“Bye!” I studied the names again, until I found N. J. Horan. I was getting even more nervous now, but I had to find the courage to ring that fucking doorbell. He had to know. I hesitated for a few seconds before I pressed that button, and my heart started beating three times as fast when I heard the sound of a voice.

“Hey! What are you doing here?” he asked, emphasizing the word you, which probably meant he remembered me. My hands were getting sweaty right now.

“Hey, Niall, eh, do you remember me?” I asked him, trying to sound as confident as possible.

“Yeah I do! You’re the girl I met at Funky Buddha, right?”

“Yes! That’s me, Eveline.” I just told him my name because I wasn’t sure if he had remembered it.

“Yes, I remember you! Why are you here?”

“Well eh… I have a problem, or actually, we have a problem.” 

----

I have now posted a few chapters and I'd love to know what you guys think about the fanfic so far! If you have any tips for me, please tell me! I'd like to improve myself. :)