Chapter 9: Blondie had an idea...

I had quickly fixed my makeup before I left the bathroom and was now standing in front of that big building again. Fortunately, I now knew what doorbell to ring. “I’m coming!” Niall’s voice sounded and about a minute later, he opened the door and let me in. “Follow me, my apartment is on the first floor.” I didn’t say anything and just followed Niall towards his apartment. As soon as I got in, I looked my eyes out at how big his apartment actually was. This guy sure had a lot of money, and that was probably the reason why he just offered me to send me an amount of money every month. “Take a seat! I’ll get us a drink.” I just nodded and took place on the couch. It didn’t take long for Niall to come back with the drinks. He sat down beside me. “Ok, so what exactly happened?” he asked me. I explained the whole story to him. About the girls in the canteen that started calling me a ‘slut’ and a ‘groupie’ and about Lynn finding the article. “I haven’t read any article yet. Wait, I’ll look it up!” He took his laptop, placed it on his lap and went on Google. He quickly typed in: ‘Niall Horan father’ and the second he pressed enter, many hits came up. “Wait wow…!” I just stared at my thighs and didn’t know what to say. Niall clicked on one of the hits. It was a different article than I read, but it did say the same things. “There’s actually no hard proof,” Niall then said. “There are actually rumours like these daily, I don’t think many people will believe it.”

“Well, my school does! And it’s not a rumour, it’s the truth… apart from the part that says that I’m begging you to stay with me…” Niall chuckled, but it wasn’t even funny.

“No but…”

“Do you even realize how fucked up it is when everyone’s staring at you and whispering and not in a ‘look-that’s-the-hot-guy-from-that-band!!!!’ way but in an ‘oh-my-fucking-god-she’s-pregnant’ way!” I said, getting angry now. “It’s not like a joke or something! There’s a freaking baby in my belly and I have to raise that and I know it’s not your problem but at least don’t be so fucking calm about it because it’s not something to be calm about!” I was almost yelling right now.

“Sst… Eveline, calm down.”

“See, there you go again! I’m not calm because my life is one big mess right now! They’ll probably ask me about the pregnancy in the very next interview. I’ll tell them it’s bullshit and how it’s funny that people make up such things and the rumour will be out of the world!” I sighed deeply.

“That’s how easy it for you. You just say: no, it’s not true. But in the meantime, my belly will grow and I’ll have to quit school and everyone will know anyway!”

“Well… they won’t know I’m the father.” I looked at him with big eyes.

“Selfish prick.”

“What?”

“I don’t care if they know that you’re the father, because I have nothing to do with how your popularity will be ruined, but…” I couldn’t finish my sentence, because Niall’s phone went off.

“Excuse me,” he said and picked up his phone, walking away from me. I sighed once more and swallowed my tears. I definitely didn’t want to cry in front of Niall. I took his laptop, to read some more of the articles, which only made me feel worse. After about five minutes, Niall came back and his face didn’t look too happy. “We do have a problem…”

“Wow… you finally realize!”

“Management just called me. They read about it too and I told them it’s true. And you’re right, there’s no way of just denying the rumour. It won’t make sense, just like you said.” He sat down again, placed his elbows on his thighs and hid his hands in his hair. “This really is fucked up.”

“I’m sorry,” I whispered.

“Stop saying that, it’s not your fault.” Niall was the one who told me it’ll be fine all the time, but now he was the one who kind of gave up already.

“Niall, what do we have to do? I mean like, everyone is calling me a slut now and I know this is going to ruin your reputation as well,” I whispered.

“Maybe…” Niall started a sentence, sounding like he had an idea. “Nevermind.”

“No, tell me.”

“No, it’s stupid.”

“Tell me, maybe it’ll make me come up with something.”

“I was thinking, maybe if we tell the world you’ve been my girlfriend for a long time already, but we weren’t in a public relationship, at least they won’t think you’re a slut who got pregnant from a random guy. We’ll just tell everyone that we didn’t plan on getting pregnant, but that it happened anyway and we’re against abortion and things. We’ll just make a positive thing out of it.” He looked up at me, waiting for my thoughts at his idea.

---

Thanks for all the reads! Also the people who came here via imaginenanana! :) xxx