Chapter 23: Big fat liar!

I broke a promise. I didn’t call Niall when I needed someone to talk to, when my head was aching from all the thoughts inside of it or when I was crawled up underneath my blankets, making my cheeks all black with my mascara running down my face. I didn’t call him, because I didn’t want him to worry. He’s on tour, he has enough on his mind already and if I’d also be complaining about every little thing in my life, he’d probably go crazy. He didn’t break his promise. He called me a few times, to check up on me and even though he’s not around, he showed me I’m not alone. For some reason, I felt bad for breaking the promise. I mean like, it’s a promise, those shouldn’t be broken, but on the other hand, I knew it was the right thing to do. Niall wants to know when I’m feeling bad, but if I don’t tell him I feel bad, he won’t know I feel bad and he won’t worry about me either. “Eveline, is everything alright?” a sudden voice woke me up from my daydream. I looked up from my lunch and Lynn looked at me, a bit worried.

“Yeah, sure!” I quickly replied, but Lynn didn’t completely believe me.

“You probably just miss Niall,” she then concluded and I looked at her with big eyes.

“I don’t miss him, I’m glad he’s on tour for some time right now because he’s driving me nuts! I can finally breathe now!” I was a liar. I did miss him, which was weird, because whenever I was around him, I wanted to get away. I hated him when I was with him, and I missed him when I wasn’t. He had this thing that kind of cheered me up anyhow, even though I have no idea what that thing was. Maybe the sparkle in his eyes when he was talking, or that wide smile that adorned his face. Or maybe it was just the fact that he always knew how to calm me down when I was freaking out and that he always found a way to be optimistic.

“Then why are you sad?”

“I’m not sad!”

“You are.”

“Probably just hormones.” That has been my number one excuse lately. The good thing was that I got to use the ‘hormones-excuse’ more often than the ‘period-excuse’.

“You should eat more chocolate then…” I raised my eyebrow.

“I don’t want to get fatter than I already am.”

“Ev, you’re not fat!”

“I am fat, look at me! I don’t even fit my clothes anymore and I the only thing that hides my belly are hoodies! I feel horrible and people probably think I have turned into a hobo.” Lynn started laughing now.

“Ev, you know you’re not fat! You’re pregnant, that’s something much different!” I sighed deeply and just drank some juice.

“I do feel fat…” I then softly said. Lynn got up and hugged me tightly.

“Sweetie, you shouldn’t feel fat. I think you look like a gorgeous woman and Niall can only hope that your baby will look like you!” I then chuckled. Fifty percent of all the girls on this world fancied Niall, and Lynn told me that the baby  should look like me… Hell no.

“Lynn…?” I asked, hesitating a bit.

“Yes?”

“Can I maybe stay the night at your house? I’m in a big fight with my parents…” I almost whispered.

“Of course sweetie!” she immediately said and smiled a little. “But why are you in a fight with your parents?”

“Well… they kind of believed all the papers and thought Niall and I already were in a relationship for a long time already, but that we just kept it as a secret. So yeah, they didn’t like it that I ‘lied’ to them about it, but they were fine with it. Then my brother told them Niall and I weren’t in a relationship and now they hate me because I had sex with a random guy.” Lynn hugged me again.

“Of course you can stay at my house! We’ll have a nice sleepover! We can also invite Lynsey!”

“That’d be nice!” I said. Lynn had definitely cheered me up with this idea.