Chapter 12: Fuck... parents

I noticed this fanfic just hit 1000 reads, and I'm so proud of that! Thank you all for reading! xxx

-----

I logged in onto twitter, to read Niall’s tweet. And apparently, all the crazy fans had found my twitter already, because my mentions were getting spammed, big time! I read some of them. Some tweets were nice, some were horrible and some were actually sad. My fake-boyfriend must be popular.. since half of these girls were tweeting about how sad they are that Niall has found his ‘princess’. What… I wasn’t even close to being a princess. Other tweets were about how they were happy for Niall and he had waited for so long. Yeah, whatever. And some losers were actually telling me I was ugly, not worth him and stuff like that. Well, at least I got the dick of their imaginary boyfriend, bitches. But anyway, the actual reason I logged in onto twitter, was to read Niall’s tweet. I didn’t know his twitter before, but since my mentions were spammed with tweets and half of the tweets had ‘@NiallOfficial’ in it, I concluded that that must’ve been his twitter. I clicked on it, and read his last tweet, which was about how hungry he was. I then read the tweet before.

I’ll just confirm it, yes, Eveline’s my princess! She’s lovely!

I couldn’t help but smile a little at this tweet. That must be where the ‘princess’ things came from. I decided to tweet Niall back, to look it all a bit more real. I didn’t really know what words to use, so I decided to just tweet a ‘<3’. Simple, but effective. I spent the rest of the afternoon in my room, reading some articles. Some were actually quite funny. And people were actually quite stupid for believing in our fake relationship. But hey, better for me and Niall.

I then spend the rest of my afternoon in my bedroom, doing some homework. Yep, I actually felt good and even good enough to do my homework, which was pretty much a miracle. I was just relieved that this thing was working and I had no idea of what it’d be like in the future. I mean like, for how long would we have to pretend? It’s not like the pregnancy will just be over. Ok, it will be, in six months, but there will be a little baby instead. I didn’t even want to think about all that stuff. It was ok for now, and I liked to think about that. When it was six o’clock, my mom called me for dinner and I rushed downstairs. “Looks like Eveline is hungry!” my brother jokingly said. “Or should I say Eveline Horan?” I now looked at him with big eyes. How did he know? Well of course he knew! It was everywhere… but why did he have to point it out in front of my parents?

“Horan? That’s a funny name! What does it mean?” my dad asked me, laughing about my brothers ‘joke’. 

“It’s the last name of Ev’s new boyfriend, isn’t it?” Dave said, now looking at me. I could hit him in the face, right here right now.

“Do you have a boyfriend?” my mom enthusiastically said while she was giving each of us some potatoes.

“Well, it’s a bit more complicated.”

“You could say so…” What, you can’t tell me he knew about the pregnancy as well?!

“What do you mean?” my dad asked me, looking at me, already disapproving when he didn’t even know what I was going to say.

“Well… don’t be in shock but… I’m pregnant,” I softly said, keeping my eyes locked on my potatoes.

“You’re what?!” Dave yelled.

“You heard me.”

“Yes we did, but how?” I looked at my mom with a pokerface.

“Because I ran through a field of flowers and then jumped over a rainbow… obviously…” I said with sarcasm.

“Eveline, that’s not funny!”

“No, I know it’s not funny! But why the stupid question? It’s obvious… I’m pregnant, for three months already.” I reacted angrily towards my parents, just to hide how scared I was. I was almost peeing my pants.

“And who’s the father?” my dad asked me.

“Her new boyfriend maybe?” Dave now said.

“Stop, he’s not my boyfriend!” I said. I felt so ashamed, telling this to my parents, and admitting he wasn’t my boyfriend. It’d be easier to say he was my boyfriend. I didn’t want them to know I had sex with a random guy, but I didn’t want to pretend at home either. It was like the only place where I could actually be myself.