Chapter 18 - Crazy

I'm alive.

Sorry I didn't update in a while. There's a lot going on and my birthday is coming up! I don't have anything special to say, so to sum up the chapter: THIS IS THE DJWIFI THAT YOU'VE BEEN WAITING FOR!!!

Enjoy.

 The light flickered. There were many pictures on the wall, pinned by a long, red string. Big, red Xs were marked on some photos. It was so quiet that you could hear a pin drop. The white desk that was pushed against the wall was now also filled with pictures and papers, so messy that you couldn't see the white paint even if you tried.

The famous blogger, Alya Cesaire, hummed in thought. Her curls are messy and her clothes unkempt. Behind her foggy glasses, you could see a pair of wicked brown eyes.

"Babe, maybe - just maybe - you should take a small little break?" Nino's face piped up behind his insane girlfriend.

"I CAN'T TAKE A BREAK!" Alya yelled. "I need to figure out what those two have been up to. I WILL NOT LET TWO BLIND IDIOTS LIKE ADRIEN AGRESTE AND MARINETTE DUPAIN-CHENG START DATING BEHIND MY BACK AND NOT EVEN TELL ME HOW IT HAPPENED!"

Nino, fearing for his safety, took a step back from the teenager. "I know, I hate it too, but don't you think this is going a bit too far?" he gestured to her room, which now looked like a serial killer's layer.

"I will do whatever it takes to unmask the truth," Alya whispered dangerously.

"You have gone crazy," Nino shook his head.

"Thanks, I take that as a compliment." Alya smiled. "Now, let's summarize what we've got so far."

"Marinette and Adrien were normal friends a few days ago," Nino started, knowing there was no way to get out of this.

Alya started writing this down. "By 'normal friends' we mean Adrien being his usual cinnamon-roll self and Marinette babbling nonsense and tripping every five seconds."

"Right." Nino waited a second so that Alya could finish writing everything.

"But the next day, they were fighting and ignoring each other," Alya continued. "And by fighting, to be clear, we mean arguments that would get them both to tears." Nino nodded silently.

"But then, after about two days of fighting, they were all lovey-dovey and started dating after Adrien confessed his love to her and asked Marinette out in front of the whole school," Nino said. "Seriously, who knew my man could put on such a show?!"

"Yes, it really was amazing." Alya smiled a lovesick smile, thinking about the moment when her ultimate ship sailed. "Anyways, Adrien asked Marinette out so now they're dating, like you said -" she stopped in mid sentence.

"Babe? Alya? Crazy lady?" Nino asked, stepping closer.

"Nino," Alya breathed out, "what if, WHAT IF, Adrien didn't actually ask Marinette out?"

Nino thought he heard wrong. "What? That's not possible, we saw the whole thing!"

"Yes, but what if it wasn't what we think it was?"

"Please explain."

"Maybe he didn't ask her out for real," Alya said excitedly. "Maybe the whole thing was staged. Maybe they were already dating before that." She finished, proud of herself.

Nino was quiet as he thought about it. "That... actually makes a lot of sense. They could've just had a fight a few days ago, and then they sorted it out, and then they were so in love the next day so they knew that everybody noticed, and so they had to reveal their relationship, and to do that Adrien pretended to ask her out and WE'RE GENIUSES!"

Nino never knew how exciting it was to uncover the truth. Being with Alya for so long definitely did something to him.

"YES WE ARE!" Alya pulled Nino down for a deep kiss. He happily leaned in, excited that they solved the mystery. After a while Alya let Nino go and turned to her bedroom wall that was covered in the photos. "Everything makes sense now. I can't believe I didn't think about it sooner." She slapped her forehead. "But we're still not done. Tomorrow, Adrien should be back at school. We'll use that time to interrogate him too, just like we did to Marinette. What do you say?" Alya turned to see her boyfriend walking towards her, smiling.

"You really are crazy," he said and kissed her again.

Awwwwwwwwwww! DJWIFI is beautiful. Next chapter coming out soon. Thank you so much everybody for reading my story. It means a lot to me. Have an amazing day!

💗