Chapter 3 - Anxiety

I did say that today the next chapter will come out! This one is a bit shorter but oh well. Because I feel really bad about not updating for so long, these chapters will come out daily now. Hope that makes up for waiting like a week!

Enjoy the chapter!

Adrien... three kids... a dog... a cat...

Cat... Chat Noir... stupid puns... nope, no cat... Emma... Hugo... Louis... the hamster's name will be... Happiness... and -

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!

"What the - " Marinette woke up, confused and dazed.

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!

Marinette realized that the annoying noise was coming from her alarm clock. She turned it off and said "Just five more minutes..."

30 minutes later, Tikki woke her up with a yell. "Marinette! Wake up! School starts in 15 minutes!" Marinette sat up suddenly on her bed. "FIFTEEN MINUTES?! AHHHH!" She rushed downstairs and quickly brushed her teeth. Then she got dressed, picked up her bag and ran downstairs. She took a croissant fresh from the oven and shoved it in her mouth. "Danks bob and dad! Have do bun do skul!" she ran out of the bakery, closing the door behind her. "Wait, honey, your bag is still open!" Sabine called out after her.

"What did she say?" Tom asked curiously.

"I think she said 'Thanks mom and dad! Have to run to school!' " his wife answered with a shrug.

"Oh well," Tom laughed and went back to making his pastry.

"Girl! Where have you been?" Alya asks Marinette in concern as she runs into the locker room.

"Slept in," Marinette answered as she put her bag away. "I -"

"C'mon! We have to run!" Alya grabbed her and together they ran to class.

When they got there, everybody else was already seated, and the teacher was beginning her lesson. She didn't notice Marinette and Alya. They sat in their seats and took out their history books.

When they finally finished getting everything ready, Marinette looked forward. Adrien was looking up at the teacher, occasionally writing some notes down. He looked a bit distracted though, as if his mind was somewhere else. Adrien... his clothes, his eyes, his hair... that looks strangely like Chat Noir's from the back.

Chat Noir... she was going to reveal her identity tonight. Marinette felt sick to her stomach. She wasn't ready. Maybe she should reconsider. No, she already told Tikki, who already told Plagg, who already told Chat Noir. Wait, that means... THAT CHAT NOIR ALREADY KNEW THAT LADYBUG WAS GOING TO REVEAL HER IDENTITY TO HIM TONIGHT!

She was so scared. What if he wouldn't want to be her friend once he figures out that she's Marinette? What if he won't help her anymore? What if he'll leave her alone and...

No, he wouldn't do that. Chat Noir's so kind, he could never do that to anybody. But still... what if he does something similar? AHHHHH!

Alya noticed that something was wrong with her BFF. It started at the beginning of the lesson, and continued the whole day. Adrien too. But while both of them have been spacing in and out of reality, Adrien seemed happy about it. Marinette seemed terrified.

She can't pay attention. She can't focus. She can't think about anything except for one thing, the thing that's terrifying her. Alya could tell. There were a few times when Alya called Marinette name, and only a minute later Marinette would realize that someone was talking to her. Alya didn't know what to do. How can she help her? It was impossible to figure this girl out.

When school ended, Marinette ran straight home. When she got to her room, she ran to her chair and sat down, nervous.

"Marinette, are you ok?" Tikki asked in concern.

"No. I'm not ready for this Tikki. It was a mistake, all of it." Marinette signed in defeat.

"It wasn't," Tikki said. "Think how happy he will be when he finds out."

"But what if he won't be?" Marinette asked her.

"He will," Tikki promised.

Ta da! I don't know why Marinette would feel like Chat Noir will be disappointed when he finds out that she's Ladybug, but she's just insecure like that. Like I said, next chapter will be posted tomorrow! Until then, have a lovely 24 hours I guess!

Bug out!