Chapter 8 - Explained

Hi! Sorry I didn't update in so long, but here's chapter 8!

Enjoy!

 The next day, Alya arrived at school. "Hey girl!" she calls out to Marinette.

"Oh, um, hi." Marinette looks really sad.

"Everything ok girl? You seem down." Alya asks with worry.

"No, I'm fine."

"You think I'd actually buy that?"

"It's- it's nothing." Marinette looks like she's pushing back tears.

"Ok, well, if you need any help with anything, you know that you can talk to me, right girl?" Alya wants to help her best friend as much as possible.

"Yeah. Thanks Alya," Marinette's a bit happier as she walks with Alya to class.

"Bro, what's wrong? Have you slept at all last night? You look like a zombie," Nino says towards Adrien, who just climbed out of his car.

"I'm fine Nino. And yeah, I did get some sleep last night." That was a lie. Adrien couldn't sleep. Not after his Lady screamed at him like that. Not after hearing the pain in her voice.

"Are you sure dude?" Nino wanted to help Adrien, but he couldn't if his best bud didn't tell him what was wrong.

"Yeah, I'm sure Nino. Let's get to class, before we're late." Adrien started climbing up the steps, and Nino followed him, wondering why his bro was down.

Sitting there in class, with Marinette behind him, not being able to talk to her or even see her pretty face, was one of the worst scenarios Adrien has ever found himself in. He didn't want to upset her more, but he needed to talk to her. He needed to make things right. He loved her; he couldn't stand seeing her sad. But she seemed like she had no intention of talking to him, so Adrien didn't push it.

Alya and Nino watched as their best friends ignored each other the whole day. It was frustrating, having to watch Marinette turn away from Adrien, Adrien sad that she's sad, him turning away from her, etc. Basically, both of them are now depressed.

What could've happened to cause this miserable situation? Alya wondered. Did Marinette confess her love and Adrien rejected her? Did he tell her he doesn't want to be her friend anymore? Did he start dating Kagami? If it's the last option, should I punch him in the face?

One by one, Alya eliminated all the options. Marinette can barely talk to Adrien; there's no way that she'd confess her love. Adrien wouldn't tell Marinette that he doesn't want to be her friend anymore, he values their friendship so much, at least that's what Nino told her. And no, Adrien wouldn't start dating Kagami. Alya's seen the way he looks at her - like a good friend. He doesn't love her. But if he did start dating Kagami, she would definitely punch him in the face (Author's note: so would I lol).

Nino could basically see the gears turning in Alya's head as she thought about what happened to their friends all the way through class. He knew his girlfriend better than anyone; she was going to figure out what happened and then get them together. He just wished that he'd know. Adrien was sad about this, he could tell. Nino couldn't recall a time that Adrien has been this sad. Even when his dad hadn't let him have a birthday party, Adrien was happier than he was now. Like he told Alya, Adrien valued Marinette's friendship more than a lot of things. And now all he had left to do was try to understand what had happened between them.

"Excuse me Miss," Adrien's voice pulled Nino out of his thoughts. "May I please go to the bathroom?"

Miss Bustier nodded and Adrien left, grabbing his bag. No one seemed to notice the gesture except for Alya, Nino, and Marinette. Suspicious, but the boy was practically dead from his misery. Could you blame him for acting a bit weird?