Chapter 7 - Emergency

Hi! Sorry I haven't posted in so long. All of the files got deleted. I am currently working on restoring them, but the doc in which I planned how the rest of the chapters are going to go is gone. I'm trying to remember exactly how I wanted the story to go but I probably won't get it perfectly. Here is chapter seven!

"Ugh!" Ladybug struggled to hold the bus in place. It won't stop!

"Hey, M'lady -" Chat began as he joined the fight against the bus.

"No time, Chat Noir," Ladybug said rather coldly, turning away. Well, as much as you could turn away when you're on top of a moving bus that can't stop, held only by a yoyo. "Just help me stop this bus."

"Alright," Chat answered. He knew that she wasn't ok. Why was Marinette treating him like this? What did he do wrong?

"It - won't - stop!" Ladybug said between breaths. "I'll go under the bus. Give me your baton." She held out her hand. He took his baton from behind his back and handed it to her. She didn't even look at him. She didn't even care. She only wanted to stay professional.

Ladybug ran to the front of the bus, baton in hand. She jumped under and let the bus roll over her body while trying not to breathe too much gas from it. Chat just waited patiently. Meanwhile, Ladybug wrapped her yoyo onto Chat's baton. The bus passed and she handed Chat his baton back, still wrapped by her yoyo. He threw it and it extended in mid-air, getting stuck between two buildings. The bus slowly stopped. Ladybug and Chat Noir silently helped the shaking passengers out.

The moment they were done, Ladybug flew away. Chat raced after her. "M'lady, please, wait!" He called out. She didn't answer, only ran to her home. Chat caught up with her, panting. She landed on her balcony and detransformed, thinking that she lost him. He hid behind her chimney, out of sight.

"Marinette!" he heard Tikki say.

"I know, I know." Marinette signed. "I just don't want to face him, and you know why."

Chat came out of his hiding spot and jumped in front of her. "Hey princess -"

"NO!" Marinette called out, pushing him away. "I don't want to talk to you."

"But why?" Chat asked desperately.

"I can't tell you."

"So I'm supposed to just accept that?!" Chat said angrily.

"Yeah! You don't get it." Marinette said. "Things are so much more complicated now that I know who you are."

"But why do you hate me?" The black cat superhero had tears in his eyes. "All I ever did was love you!"

"I don't hate you -"

"Then why did you run away? Life is hard for me too, M'lady. Look at my luck! My own father turned out to be Hawk Moth." Both of them were crying.

"I know that," Marinette whispered. "And I have done my best to help you. But maybe revealing our identities was a mistake after all." She turned away and went inside her room, closing the hatch of her balcony after her. 

Hope you liked it! Please review if you have any feedback, and thank you to all the people who read this.