Chapter 4 - Ready

It's time for the ultimate chapter... THE REVEAL!!!

If you're as crazy about Miraculous as me, then you've probably also spent hours imagining different ways the reveal could happen. In this story, it's happening after Ladybug and Chat Noir defeat Hawk Moth, but I think that the reveal would be before they defeat him. As a matter of fact, I think that the reveal will lead them to taking down Hawk Moth. That's my theory. Anyways, enjoy the chapter! I probably won't be able to post the next one tomorrow because we're having Internet problems here. We're like 11 people (who spend a lot of time on the screens) in one house with bad Wifi. Oh well. Enjoy the chapter!

 "So, what's wrong?" Chat Noir asks the scared Ladybug.

Well, scared was an understatement. Ladybug was terrified. She was sure that she was going to have a heart attack.

They were on top of the Eiffel Tower. The sun was just setting in the horizon, and all of Paris was a beautiful orange color. From where they were standing, they could see almost all of Paris, and the view was breathtaking.

"Well, um, you see," Ladybug didn't know what to say. "I just, I noticed that you were feeling sad lately, and it really hurts me that I can't help you. Everyday that we see each other, I look at you, and you're all depressed and I hate watching without being able to do anything to ease your pain." Chat's eyes widened at the realization that someone cared about him that much as his alter ego.

"I'm not depressed -" he began.

"Chat, please. You stopped flirting with me. That would be enough to get anyone worried, considering how often you do it." Chat chuckled. "And worst of all, you stopped making puns. That's when I knew something was seriously wrong." Adrien would've never thought that it would be that easy to read his emotions. But his lady knew him better than anyone as Chat Noir.

"So one day, I went home, and I thought 'What could I do to make Chat feel better?' So I talked with Tikki about it, and after a while we agreed that this was the best and only solution." Ladybug signed. "If you want, if you're up for it, I thought that we could, you know, reveal our identities tonight."

For a few seconds, Adrien forgot all about his troubles. All about his father being Hawk Moth. "Really?" He asked excitedly.

"I knew you would want to." Ladybug smiled. "Yes, really."

"But... I thought you said that you weren't ready."

"I wasn't, and I'm not. But now that we have defeated Hawk Moth it's less dangerous and I really do want to make you happy."

"M'lady, you would do that for me?" Chat whispered.

"I'd do anything for you." Ladybug replied honestly.

Chat turned away from her and wiped a tear from his eyes. She was just amazing. She would do anything for him. "Chat?" Ladybug asked in concern, pulling him back into reality from his cloud of thoughts.

"I love you." Ladybug blushed. "Anyway, do you want me to go first?" He asked, not wanting for her to feel too nervous.

"No," Ladybug said determinedly. "I need to do this." Chat just smiled.

She looked up at him, her eyes shaking. She looked as beautiful as ever. After a few seconds, she closed her eyes. Chat waited patiently.

"Spots off."

He closed his eyes at the brightness of the pink flash of light that appeared around her. As he opened them his jaw hit the ground.

Marinette. This whole time, it was Marinette. Marinette, the clumsy girl that always stuttered around him as Adrien, was the one and only Ladybug. Marinette was Ladybug, his lady, his bugaboo, his princess.  He loved Marinette. She was right in front of him the whole time. How could he have been so blind? She looked almost identical to Ladybug. She also had the exact same traits as Ladybug: brave, kind, caring, a bit sassy at times, and overall an amazing person. Seriously, HOW DID HE NOT NOTICE THE RESEMBLANCE? He was going to murder Plagg later for not telling him.

Marinette closed her eyes firmly, not wanting to see her partner's reaction. It was out. It was finally out. Her secret was finally out. No longer secret identity. No more secrets. At all. After a minute she opened her eyes slowly to look at Chat. He was shocked. And she... she felt so vulnerable and afraid.

Tikki flew into her hand, tired. "I'm so proud of you Marinette," she said. "Thanks, Tikki. Here," she replied and pulled a pink macaroon out of her bag. Tikki munched on it happily.

"Marinette," Chat said suddenly after a few minutes.

"Yeah, I know, you're probably disappointed -" she began.

He pulled her into a hug. Tikki flew away just in time."Bugaboo, you can never disappoint me." He told her honestly. "And you have been right in front of me this whole time."

Chat pulled her back, and added "Well, more like, behind me."

She gave him a confused look just as he said "Plagg, claws in."

Marinette had to look away from the brightness. When all the green flashes of light disappeared, she turned her head back towards Chat... Adrien. Chat Noir is Adrien. Adrien is Chat Noir. The reality started sinking in. Adrien just looked at her with a bright smile when -

"Give me cheeeeese!" Plagg whined as he flew out of the ring. Tikki flew next to him and held his mouth shut. Adrien rolled his eyes and took the Camembert out of his pocket. Plagg took it and Tikki pulled him away from them. She would not let him ruin this moment for her chosen.

Meanwhile, Marinette was dying in her own storm of thoughts. Adrien flirted with her. She... SHE KISSED ADRIEN!?!? But there was something even worse than that... she rejected Adrien. Multiple times. They were messed up in this love... square? She didn't know what to call it. Wait... the girl Adrien said he loved was... her. Well, Ladybug. Marinette's heart rose. Adrien loved her. Wait, no... Adrien doesn't love her. He loves Ladybug, the perfect superhero who doesn't make any mistakes. And she was no Ladybug. Marinette turned away from him as she realized this, a sad look on her face. "M'lady, what's wrong?" Adrien asked with worry, reaching a hand out to hold her.

"I'm... I'm so sorry."

Then she transformed and ran away, leaving a miserable Adrien behind.

Hope you liked it! Like I said, the next chapter will probably come out in a few days, max a week. Please give me feedback, I really want to become a better writer!

Have a good day! (or night it's like 8:30 pm here.)