Chapter 5 - Why

Hi! I have the next chapter! I'm also planning another story after this one, just thought you should know. Please write a review! It makes my day!

Chat Noir sprinted over the rooftops of Paris. The sky was already black, just like his mood. He has never felt so many emotions at the same time. He was really happy that Ladybug turned out to be Marinette. He was also sad that she ran away. He didn't understand how it was possible. After all, he did see Marinette and Ladybug next to each other the day they fought Kwamibuster. He longed to know who Marinette loved, who held her heart. But most of all... he wanted to know why she ran away. After all, Adrien was Marinette's friend, right? Why would she run? Then again, he always got the feeling that she was uncomfortable around Adrien. She probably actually hates him.

Yeah, that has to be it. She just hangs out with him to be nice and so that Alya and Nino could be together. What else could it be?

He signed. Chat Noir detransformed and Adrien ran to his bed, tears threatening to spill from his eyes. Plagg landed next to him. "You ok, kid?" He asked in worry.

"I'm fine," Adrien said.

"You don't look fine." Plagg replied.

"It's just that, why did she have to run away?" Adrien looked up, crying. "I love her, and now she hates me!"

Plagg wanted to tell him. Plagg wanted to tell him that she didn't hate him. That she has a crush on him. But he knew that he couldn't do that to Marinette. Also, more importantly, Tikki would kill him.

"She doesn't hate you," Plagg said in a small voice. "There has to be another explanation."

"Like what?" Adrien spat.

"Look, she also just figured out that you are Chat Noir. She probably was also overwhelmed with emotions." Plagg figured that this was the best answer he could give his holder without becoming cat food (Tikki has threatened to do it once before and could easily threaten him again).

"You're probably right. I'll just ask her about it tomorrow at school." Adrien's face lit up at the thought of seeing Marinette tomorrow. "Goodnight, Plagg."

"Goodnight kiddo." Plagg closed his eyes, ready for a long, good sleep.

"No." Ladybug landed on her bed and detransformed, crying.

"What's wrong Marinette?" Tikki asked with a concerned look. "Why did you run away from Adrien like that?"

"I just, ugh, how do I say it?" Marinette was in tears. "He doesn't love me!"

Tikki was silent. Why did Marinette think that Adrien doesn't love her? It was clear that he did. How many times had he confessed his feelings to her by now? 1, 2, 3... too many to count. Why did her holder run away?

"What makes you say that?" Tikki said quietly.

"Adrien doesn't love me. He loves Ladybug." Marinette was sobbing with her head between her knees.

"But... you are Ladybug." Tikki was extremely confused.

"No. I'm not Ladybug. Ladybug is perfect. I'm not her." Marinette took a deep breath to calm herself down, then continued. "He loves the perfect superhero who always saves the day. He doesn't love the clumsy girl behind the mask."

Tikki couldn't believe it. A few hours later, Marinette went to bed. The moment her holder's head touched the pillow, Tikki flew out of the room and towards the mansion. She arrived, only to see Adrien and Plagg sleeping, Plagg hugging a piece of Camembert. She flew next to him and gently woke him up. "Wha -" Tikki covered his mouth and dragged him through the window. She could hear Plagg's muffled voice through the palm of her hand, but she didn't let go. They couldn't wake up Adrien.

"What are you doing here?" Plagg asked after she finally let go of him.

"Marinette thinks that Adrien doesn't love her. She thinks that he loves Ladybug."

A few minutes of silence. And then -

"ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!" Plagg shouted. "And I thought things would be simpler after the reveal! These two really like things complicated, huh?" Plagg literally sounded mad.

"Tell me about it." Tikki signed. "Well, what do we do about it?"

Plagg seemed deep in thought. "We can't do anything about it. Those two idiots have to solve it on their own. Let's just see how it goes tomorrow at school."

Tikki nodded. That was their best solution. "Alright," she replied. Then she said her goodbye to Plagg, and flew away into the night.

I hope you liked this chapter. These two idiots are driving me out of my mind. In other words, what else is new?

Until next time!