Chapter 14 - Interrogation

Hello! I'm back with the next chapter. Honestly, I'm pretty proud of this one. Enjoy!

 The next day, Alya and Nino were waiting for two people on the school steps. Adrien and Marinette. They still didn't explain what was going on between them, and Alya needed answers like she needed to breathe. Nino saw Marinette walking towards them and waved at her, but Alya rushed over and held her shirt tightly.

"Whoa, Alya, are you ok?" Marinette asked, kinda scared.

"What's going on between you and Adrien?" Alya asked quickly.

"Nothing."

"Then where is he?"

"He has a photoshoot today, he can't come to school," Marinette answered truthfully.

"A photoshoot? He didn't even tell Nino about that."

"Must've slipped his mind?" Alya looked deep into her eyes to tell if she was lying. Marinette just stared back. After a while, Alya slowly let go of Marinette's shirt.

"I will find out what is going on between you and Adrien, mark my words."

Then she went to class, Nino hurrying behind her.

"We need to interrogate her."

"We don't need to interrogate her; you want to interrogate her."

"Whatever! Point is, we're interrogating her." Alya looked really angry, so Nino wasn't going to start arguing now. A beep from Nino's phone startles them both. Nino picks his phone up and looks at the new message.

"Adrien confirms what Marinette said about him having a photoshoot the whole day," Nino tells Alya. "See? She wasn't lying."

"That doesn't mean that she was completely honest either," Alya pointed out.

"True, but babe, you're looking at this all wrong," Nino tried, even though he knew it was pointless. "Maybe she's trying to protect us."

"I will find out what's going on between these two, even if it's the last thing I ever do," Alya told him. "Now, we need to get this information out of her. How do we do that?"

"There are different ways to do it." Nino was deep in thought.

"We could corner her and interrogate her, so that she'll have no choice but to tell us what's going on."

"I honestly don't see a simpler solution. Let's do it." Nino and Alya fist-bumped and ran, looking for Marinette.

Marinette was currently sitting on a bench in the park. It was lunch time, so she was free to leave the school grounds. Thankfully, it was also Adrien's lunch time, so the two could talk. Over the phone, of course.

"I really miss you, Bugaboo," Adrien said as he took a bite from his sandwich.

"You've been saying that for the past twenty minutes. Calm down, I'll see you tonight- I mean, uh, tomorrow." Marinette stopped herself quickly, and just ate her lunch. "I will see you tomorrow."

"Yeah. How's it going at school?" Adrien asked, interested.

"Ok, I guess. Alya is really starting to freak me out though. She's on a mission to find out what happened to us." Adrien gulped. "I know, it's really hard having to lie to her over and over and over again."

"I mean, I guess you can tell her that we were talking one night and I confessed my feelings for you and then you did the same. Simple as that." Adrien said after a moment of thought.

"I don't think that she'll believe me." Marinette sighed. "I'll try."

"Mr. Agreste, we need you back on set in five!" a voice was heard from Adrien's side of the phone.