3. a stupid fight

nini's pov

damn, okay. my it's first night here and i already got into a fight with someone. that was unexpected. after yelling at ricky, i was still pretty heated. so, i call kourt over so she can comfort me. ash comes along too. all the girls are in our room and i tell them what happened. "yeah, that's it. i'm still mad at him but, it was just shocking. seeing him there. that stupid fight happened FOUR YEARS AGO! how am i still hung up about that?" i tell them. "well, you have every right to be. nobody can control your emotions.", "sometimes, you can't even control them yourself" ash and kourt tell me. 

they're right. i need to stand strong and try to figure out what the hell is going on. like, what are the fucking odds that ricky, ricky bowen, richard fucking bowen, is here. suddenly, there's a knock on the door. kourtney stands up to open it. she gasps and walks outside and slams the door. i try to make out what her and the person are saying. damn, these walls are thick.

kourtney's pov

i stand up to answer the door. it's ricky. hell no. i know this fool is not trying to come here after what just happened. i don't give him a chance to say anything. damn ej and his stupid idea. "okay, you have about two minutes to tell me why the hell you're here." i say in a stern voice. damn, i'm good at interrogating people. 

"okay, fine. i'm here to try to apologize to nini. i know, she probably told you that she said not the bother but, i need her to know that i'm not mad at her. and i don't want her to be mad at me. sure, i can't immediately change her mind, that's not how nini is. i know her. but, can you please tell her i just want to talk?". this boy looks so helpless. "fine, make it quick. if you say anything stupid, i'm not afraid to hurt you." i say while staring at him.

ricky's pov

i wait patiently and suddenly the door opens slowly. nini walks out and stands in front of me. "so, kourt says you need to talk to me. go ahead." she says to me. "i just want to say sorry", "sorry? that's it? well 'sorry' won't cut it. bye now", "wait, please" i plead at her. she looks at me. i can tell her eyes soften, just the slightest bit. "fine, speak.", "i'm sorry about everything. today, the day i told you i was leaving, the night before i left" i suddenly get cut off. 

"wait, what? what do you mean by the night before you left. i didn't see you", "i went by your house at midnight and almost knocked on your door. but, i couldn't bring myself to it. i knew you were mad at me and you probably didn't want to hear from me." i tell her. "of course i wanted to hear from you. but, i get it. you were just looking out for me. thanks. anyway, continue" nini tells me.

"i'm so sorry about today. i should've worded what i said better. i didn't mean that i didn't want to see you. it's just that everyone ditched us and i could tell something was going on. i didn't mean to make you even more upset than you already were. and don't even try that 'i wasn't upset' bullshit on me. i know you, nini. i'm just so sorry about everything. i don't know what i was thinking. if you can't accept my apology, i understand completely." i say.

"don't worry. i'm not mad at you for today, anymore. it was, honestly, a stupid fight. you're forgiven. and i forgive you, partially, for the whole summer 2017 fiasco. i didn't have the right to yell at you like that", "no, you totally did" i say to her, trying to make things better. she laughs. damn, i miss that laugh. i miss her. i miss this. she's so gorgeous i could just-

"ricky? are you okay? you looked spaced out" nini says to me. i need to stop doing that. "yeah, i'm fine. just, thinking.", "okay, well i was saying that we could start trying to be friends again. not the best-friends we were in elementary and middle school but, friends. that sound good?" she asks. "yeah, that sounds amazing" i say, while smiling. she smiles back. i have a good feeling about this.